Technical Remove plastic cover under steering wheel without removing wheel/airbags

Currently reading:
Technical Remove plastic cover under steering wheel without removing wheel/airbags

kourampies

Again for my Delta III, but should be the same. Can the plastic under the steering wheel be removed without removing the wheel/airbag? I want to install cruise control on my car, the connector for the stalk should be accessible without the plastic with the wheel in place.

Yes, there are 3 screws to remove, two under the platic panel at the front, and one on the base, you'll need to remove the top cowling as well, there are two more screws to remove for that one on either side. If you have the connector it will be at the top held by a clip, so you'd need to un-do the clip and move the connector to the side so you can plug the cruise stalk into it. /all the above for the Bravo at least.

Yes, there are 3 screws to remove, two under the platic panel at the front, and one on the base, you'll need to remove the top cowling as well, there are two more screws to remove for that one on either side. If you have the connector it will be at the top held by a clip, so you'd need to un-do the clip and move the connector to the side so you can plug the cruise stalk into it. /all the above for the Bravo at least.
Thanks for your reply. It should be identical. If I find the connector then it's fully wired for cruise control for sure, or do I need to check the ECU plug inside the bonnet too?

Literally installed it in mine the other day, nothing to configure after you've plugged it in, it all just works.

Literally installed it in mine the other day, nothing to configure after you've plugged it in, it all just works.
I'm not exactly sure if the presence of the stalk plug means that the rest of the wiring is there. I will check if the stalk plug is there, but would like to be sure before buying the actual cruise control part.

ok, good luck, certainly in my case and others I've read about, the presense of the plug meant the rest of the wiring is there, although that might not be the case for the Delta.

The plastic cover removal process on the Delta is identical to the Bravo. Sadly I don't have the plug waiting on the stalk, so this project is cancelled for me, I don't want to mess with the ECU wiring.

ah ok, I think there's a guide around somewhere if you don't have the wiring, it's not a simple process though

ah ok, I think there's a guide around somewhere if you don't have the wiring, it's not a simple process though
Yes I have seen the guide. Its simple on the electronics part, but I don't feel comfortable even touching the ECU wiring, let alone modding it. It could destroy the whole car, so I'm not willing to take the risk.

Back