Technical remove crankshaft pulley bolt fiat 1.9 jtd

Currently reading:
Technical remove crankshaft pulley bolt fiat 1.9 jtd

rocinsss

remove crankshaft pulley bolt fiat 1.9 jtd clock wise or anti clock wise?

Instead of locking the engine you can try to get someone in the driver's seat to keep his foot firmly pressed on the brakes with car in gear, 4th or 5th, with clutch released; while you use a breaker bar and maybe a pipe.

Yesterday was trying to remove it, but no luck. Looks some one was messing with it already. The end of the bolt has rounded off, tried to bang on 18 size but no luck. :-( need some ideas...

If it's already rounded off get a dremmel and shape the bolt to go tightly in a socket (the bigger the better);
Then take it to a wheel shop where they have the truck style impact gun ( that uses a 3/4 inch or a 1inch socket ..but they might have an adapter if they don't have the right socket you need...so you could use your own socket) . Get them to loosen it. then tighten it back on with a wrench just so you can get it home and do the work and replace the bolt.

Another option is to weld on a bigger nut and go from there... BUT this might warp or melt stuff; and the bolt might snap where there is a difference in hardening from the welding heat...i would only consider this as a last resort.. if the screw was already rounded off and nearly flat.

Is it definitely the crankshaft pulley? When I replaced mine all the bolts, and the new ones I got where Ribe heads not hex heads :confused:

I need to get of oil pump my oil light is coming on on turns.

Last edited:
The bolt is left hand thread, so turn it clockwise to remove it. The bolt is tightened to 34daNm, so you will need a means of locking the flywheel to remove and refit the bolt.

:bang: I had a go at removing.....:cry: the bolt, Good job i checked with you Guys first. Thanks Davren(y)

Yesterday tried all your suggestions and no luck :'( bolt is completely fuc, will try today weld bigger nut, hope will have better luck.

Last edited:
Back