Remote wire from headunit

Currently reading:
Remote wire from headunit

WildFir3

Hey guys,

I've bought myself a Pioneer TS-WX11A sub which I'm gonna put under-seat. I am keeping the stock HU because of Blue&Me and the steering controls. Unlike some active subs this one requires a remote signal to turn on and off.

From reading posts about the remote signal on here it seems that people are connecting it to the cigarette lighter or wiring around the ignition. My question is, is that really necessary? There is a wire going into the back of our stock HU with the pin labelled AUT. ANT. (which I believe stands for auto antenna - i.e. the signal often used to raise/lower antennae when turned on). Can anyone confirm for me that this is, infact, a remote wire?

Cheers!
Chris

Hey guys,

I've bought myself a Pioneer TS-WX11A sub which I'm gonna put under-seat. I am keeping the stock HU because of Blue&Me and the steering controls. Unlike some active subs this one requires a remote signal to turn on and off.

From reading posts about the remote signal on here it seems that people are connecting it to the cigarette lighter or wiring around the ignition. My question is, is that really necessary? There is a wire going into the back of our stock HU with the pin labelled AUT. ANT. (which I believe stands for auto antenna - i.e. the signal often used to raise/lower antennae when turned on). Can anyone confirm for me that this is, infact, a remote wire?

Cheers!
Chris

I used the AUT. ANT connection when I wired my Sony active subwoofer. It works a treat. Switches on and off with the stereo. So, yes, it can be used as a remote wire.

Back