Technical remote switch on

Currently reading:
Technical remote switch on

bigpigeon2004

Hi all

I'm currently installing ice. I have an old Aiwa cd tuner head unit and trying to find the remote switch on connection. Is this essential??

Any help please

Thanks

Hi budding ice fan!!!!

You shud have either a solid blue or blue with white stripe wire coming from the back of ur stereo.
If not u will have to rig up some kind of switch on ur dash to use ur amp, just remember to switch it off wen u get out of the car!!!!!

Yeah hi

Thanks for that

I can see a solid blue cable coming directly from the unit going straight into a black connection box.

Yeah hi

Thanks for that

I can see a solid blue cable coming directly from the unit going straight into a black connection box.

AND another LIGHT blue cable thats coming from somewhere else other from the unit

Thanks

OK so what do I do with this. The blue wire has fuse in it and goes straight into a connection box. Do I cut this wire and connect to the amp remote connection??

Thank you

It sounds like that one... The blue one that is (not the lighter blue one)... Though it may not be.

What I'd do is run a cable off of it, (not cut it) and test it with a multimeter and see if you get a voltage from it when you turn the headunit on... If not then its the wrong wire. If you do get 12V or so, then it sounds about right, maybe put a fuse along the cable, and attach it to your amp.

sorry pidg, had busy day at work n didnt get to laze about like usual lmao.

as adamski says, check the wire with multi or if not with a bulb like a brake bulb held to bodywork (bare metal). usually u dont need a fuse in the remote wire from a stereo to amp, only on power from amp to battery. but my days as a car audio fitter for in phase told me diff sometimes as an amp once fed back thro amp remote wire n cooked a stereo!! mmmmmm burny metal smell :)
upto u tho!

Back