remote programming/modification

Currently reading:
remote programming/modification

dnLcal

I have a fiat bravo with an aftermarket remote central locking kit.

For a bit of a project i bought a fiat remote key and was wondering if it is possible to program the chip in the fiat remote to operate my central locking system.

If not then i plan on opening the key up and replacing the remote chip with that of my existing remote.

Does anyone know how to open up these types of keys?

1b26_1.JPG

Cheers in advance
Cal

no you cant get the remote key working with your aftermarket CL kit.

you can swap the PCB over, if the button is in the correct position and it fits inside the key then it will work.

to open that type of key i think there is a screw behind the fiat badge.

i dont know how you'll get your metal key attached to that remote key, it wont be easy because that flick mechanism uses a completely different type of key blank.

no you cant get the remote key working with your aftermarket CL kit.

you can swap the PCB over, if the button is in the correct position and it fits inside the key then it will work.

to open that type of key i think there is a screw behind the fiat badge.

i dont know how you'll get your metal key attached to that remote key, it wont be easy because that flick mechanism uses a completely different type of key blank.

i have orderd a blank for it. the buttons on my remote are in the same order so it should be fairly straightforward. just having trouble taking the key apart.

if anyone can help me out with how to take the key apart id aprecdiate it i cant seem to get the fiat badge off.

thanks for the responce jug.

Managed to take it apart and came across the problem that my chip is too wide to fit in :/

im stumped now i think the best idea is to put the key back on ebay and get a VAG universal kit.

or does anyone know a way around this. i mean is it possible to get a copy of my chip made up in the same shape+size of what is in the fiat one?

DSC00355.jpg

cheers.
cal

Back