Technical remote key problem

Currently reading:
Technical remote key problem

peterhillman

I have just bought a Fiat Marea 'S' reg. I am having problems with the remote keys, in that they are progressivley getting worse. I have been told that I need a four pin code to be able to buy a re-placement key. Does anyone know of a way of getting the four digit code or getting re-placement keys without one.

Many Thanks
Pete

Many Thanks
Pete

Hi Pete and welcome to the forum:D,

What do you mean by getting progressively worse? Could it just be the battery? I would check that out first.

You can get non remote keys cloned by most good key shops. I know that it is possible to get remotes copied as well, but I don't know of anyone, try asking at a key shop first.

banner3.jpg

is the button on the key the problem? i.e is the little red light illuminating when you press the button? if not it could be the battery, what's more likely is the little microswitch in the head has fallen off the circuit board, which happens quite a lot! if this is the case, pop the head of the key open (carefully) and retrieve the switch, then solder it back into place on the top of the circuit board (bit fiddly, you might want to get a pro to do this bit if you're not confident with soldering) et voila! one working key :D

Experienced parts man from Stoneacre Fiat in Peterborough, if anyone wants and prices/advice etc, email me!

as the guys said, battery first then check the button has not fallen off. :D
if thats all good you can buy remote key blanks from fiat, they come with a 4 digit code that you manually code in too the reciver on the car(i will post the method later if you want), get the key cut at the locksmith and code it too the imobliser with the red key and your done.

uno 1.0ie RAAAWW!

Dear Kebab
I need the method for coding the key's
Can you please provide me with som info..
\Anders for Denmark

My wife has just lost our red key, 1. can I get it replaced?, 2. if so, how much does it cost?, 3. if not can i get more blue keys cut from our only surviving key (blue)?, 4. if it's going to be expensive, whats the safest way of getting rid of the stupid wench without getting caught? :(

Lol,
Don't panic.
You only need the red key if the ECU breaks or you have a problem with the immobiliser, etc.
You can get a blue key cloned at a good locksmith like Timpsons for £20 - £30.

On the other matter I know a man with a boat who is interested in giving innocent young ladies interesting career opportunities in the far East. ;)

banner3.jpg

Back