General Remote central locking

Currently reading:
General Remote central locking

goddin

We've just got our '96 Ulysee and the key actuator for the remote central locking isn't working - it has been dropped and the battery's missing. I've just spoken to our local Fiat dealer and they want £70 plus vat for the key then a further £25 plus vat to set the thing up for my vehicle!

At least the manual key bit works, and to be honest I can't how a remote key is worth over £100, so I was wondering, can anybody tell me the type of battery that fits in these keys so I can buy one to try it?

Thanks very much

Jim

Any chance you can pop the battery out to have a look? Or maybe the manual goes into some depth.

You may find that if you do it yourself, and are not quick enough, the key may need reprogramming [like Ford keys].

A company worth checking out to buy the battery is www.watchbattery.co.uk . Have used them before, and are really efficient.

Stuart

Hi,

according to the wealth of info on the current Ulysse CD Rom, you can synchronise the keys as long as they were originally programmed for the car. They loose synchrnisation sometimes if they run out of battery or if the battery on the car is disconnected for any length of time.

If you get a new battery and it doesn't work, let me know and I will translate the procedure on how to do it.

Poggy

Thanks chaps. If I can work out which battery(s) I need I'm sure I'll need this procedure that you mention Poggy, as I believe the key has been without a battery for some time.

I guess it might be a bit of trial and error as to what the correct battery should be. I'll pop into my dealer and see if they know.

Cheers

Jim

Take it to a local key cutter who will have no problems fitting a new battery also i think that to synchronise the keys you put the key in the Ignition you turn it to the dash lights for oil ect and at the same time you press both sets of buttons on the remote i.e. the lock unlock buttons for about 10 seconds.

I have just brought a new battery for my key fob you can get them from Halfords it is an Energizer 1620 battery. Only problem is that my key fob still doesn't work, can anyone help me. I have tried re-programming it by putting it in the ignition and pressing it up and down, like someone suggested a couple of months back.

I too was told by Fiat Priory in Bedford that it would cost me approx £180.00 for a new key fob!

Back