Technical Remote Central Locking

Currently reading:
Technical Remote Central Locking

richyrich2k

I have a 99 Punto Sporting and the remote central locking has just stopped working. Both keys don't unlock or lock the doors unless I put the key in the lock and turn it. I've replaced the batteries. Any Ideas.

relay maybe popp'd it, they regulary need attention, I would take it out (yellow one on right side of glovebox fusebox) and give it a rattle, if you hear something inside it loose and flicking about then its knackered, you can solder it up yourself or buy a new one with new keys.

theres a few on ebay at teh mo, search for Meta fiat etc, adn you'll find them £50 is norm, more like £175 from fiat dealer:rolleyes:

Relay seems fine. Any other ideas. Is there a way of recoding the keys.

EBAY, there are META kits on there for BIN £49.99 and a fiver postage, which includes the code key thing (so you can get the new keys recoded for less if the unthinkable happens *again*), two new meta keys, and a meta relay with aerial thing!!!

OEM fiat part in box, and they've got like 20 kits of them:D

I'm gonna save up for one

Thanks everybody. I got it sorted. It was the reciever unit in the boot that was shot. I Bought a car alarm off ebay for £30. All the wires I needed went to the reciever unit So installing the alarm was easy. Got remote central locking plus alarm now.

Back