Technical Remote central locking GOOD News

Currently reading:
Technical Remote central locking GOOD News

Hi,
like a lot of memebers I have been searching for the plug in remote relay complete with fobs for my Barchetta (M20/1) so I contacted Abacus car alarms who deal with Meta alarms etc and asked if he could reprogram an existing relay and supply fobs for a direct fix. He first asked for a relay to play with but before I could send him one he had aquired a unit, investigated the requiremnent and made a plug and play replacement.
He is selling these on his website. I will buy one when I get the cash together.
I have no affiliation with the shop but wanted to share the info. At last a result methinks. He appears to be very knowledgeable of the subject
Letme know how you get on if anyone purchases one before me.
The link is http://abacuscaralarms.co.uk/alarmshop/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=571
Steve D

Hi, I have decided the bespoke module or replacement remote plug and play unit is too expensive for me at the moment so have opted to purchase a universal remote relay unit to connect to my existing central locking.
I need help with wiring this in to the car. I have the wiring diagram from the manual electrical section page 21. Wire colours must be in Italian!
The universal unit I have is the RightClick keyless entry system KE669HC.
The instructions provide for several types of central locking identified as Negative central locking, Positive central locking,single point central locking.
I don't need many of the extra stuff such as window closing, car finder etc just the key fob/remote operation.
Questions are:
Can I wire/splice into the wires that go into the yellow central locking controlunit that sits under the dash on the passenger side of the vehicle?
Can anyone give me an idiot guide to fitting, or how they have done it?
Cheers
SteveD

So I think I have identified from the wiring diagram, the two wires I need to intercept from the door locks are a yellow one and a grey one.
Anyone out there remember the wire colours when they had the door cards off?
Anyone instlled an aftermarket remote?
I am still seeking advice before I stert pulling wires out
Cheers
SteveD

Thanks for this Steve. I did stumble across abacus tonight before I saw your post but didn't really know if this was answer ( I did intend to call them). Now I have much more confidence.
Not cheap though! (£150)

Hi, I think Henk at Barchettaparts.com now manufacture a plugin replacement with fobs. Worth a look and cheaper than 150euro if I remember correctly.
Steve D

Can't see a relay in that pic Steve.
I did a google translate, but not conclusive.

"Remote control for original resume

Change of manual lock to remote control.

Quick and easy installation, just yellow relays and new plug-ins.

Possibility to blink the Direction Indicators

You can also connect an LED that can be flashed on closing.

Installation instructions are included.

Component comes with 2 buttons

See example on photo."

Last edited:
Thanks for this Steve. I did stumble across abacus tonight before I saw your post but didn't really know if this was answer ( I did intend to call them). Now I have much more confidence.
Not cheap though! (£150)

Hi,
Only £125 if you have the old yellow relay to send back for them. This fraction of the price of a new remote key from Fiat, but they don't do the B ones anymore.

Hi realise it's been a while since I posted in here but my Barchetta sleeps December until May. I have mailed Henk asking if the kit contains the yellow relay. I imagine it does but it is not shown in the product image.

I think the grey box with the antena in Henk’s photo is the relay that plugs directly into the relay socket of the original. Professorwho may be able to advise as he obtained one from Henk (I beleive).
Steved

Thanks for the replies. Might need some international help here with Henk's reply to my question re shipping and payment. When I went to purchase there were no shipping costs showing and the payment details were only for bank transfer but the details were like nothing I'd seen before.

Re: Enquiry brian >Thanks. How much is shipping? when I try to order there is no value for shipping costs to XXXXX. >Also is it possible to pay by any other method than bank transfer?

Hi Brian On the fiirst page is writing that you become after order the shipping cost and bank notesso the qwestion is with country ???? price for remote locking -110 euroRia >----Origineel Bericht---->Van

Thanks for the replies. Might need some international help here with Henk's reply to my question re shipping and payment. When I went to purchase there were no shipping costs showing and the payment details were only for bank transfer but the details were like nothing I'd seen before.

Re: Enquiry brian >Thanks. How much is shipping? when I try to order there is no value for shipping costs to XXXXX. >Also is it possible to pay by any other method than bank transfer?

Hi Brian On the fiirst page is writing that you become after order the shipping cost and bank notesso the qwestion is with country ???? price for remote locking -110 euroRia >----Origineel Bericht---->Van
I know I'm replying to myself but I have an update. I never went through with the order from Henk. However the Abacus replacement is available again, so likely going for that. Can't understand what all the parts shown in the pic are for though. I thought you just got the relay and fobs??
1686246626859.png

Back