Technical Remapped 1.9 Figures

Currently reading:
Technical Remapped 1.9 Figures

Conor_Herts_UK

Hello again guys, its been a long time since iv posted due to alot of work commitments!! im once again on the trail for a new car, and have wittled it down to a few, grande punto, gti T golf, HGT punto or Fiesta ST! well thats 4, needs to be less! does anyone have any remapped figures for a grande punto 1.9? i kno it hits 170 bhp, but does anyone have 0-60 figures?? this wud be a great help for me if any one does, thanks for your time and i hope you are all doing good!

Conor

haven't been on a track to time it, but I tried a power to weight calcultor once, that worked it out at about 7.5 seconds....

remember when compairing the deisels to things like the ST, the petrol engined cars are always faster off the line, but the TD's generally have better "in gear" acceleration (unless you're willing to launch the TD in second gear! *cries for the clutch) so a 50-70 time would be more fun to compair :)

check out one of the threads below (short first gear thread) I've poted a vid of someone I know at TRAX doing quater miles in his fabia (PD130, running 250bhp) his lack of traction means he's still getting 0-60's of 7 ish seconds, (and that simply wont improve, due to traction issues) but once its rolling, its mights fast!

Last edited:
In a video I have posted on the thread that sharkrider mentions, I have calculated 0-100 km/h ( 0-60 mhp ) to be around 8 seconds and 0-160 kmh ( 0-100 mph ) to be somewhere between 18 and 19.

On similar videos at youtube I have measured non tuned/chipped 1.9s at around 10 seconds for 0-100 and 23-24 for 0-160.

Of course measuring seconds out of the videos is not that accurate but it gives you an idea of where you stand..

like already mentioned diesels have better in gear acceleration, so 0-60 i wouldn't worry about as much as say 50 - 130

at the end of the day how many times do you have a race another car from 0-60 and then stop? If you are having a play with another car you are almost certainly doing more than 30mph at the time!

eg: 0-60 on paper standard 1.9 sporting are only as impressive as a saxo vtr, but I've had cars that are quicker than that!

Last edited:
puntokris......great observation there!! that is very true that we dont just go 0 - 60 and then stop! its more of a boast down the pun sorta figure i was looking for lol. whats been better then a saxo vtr that uv beaten then? cooper? cooper s? theres so many in my area they need a lesson! sorry to those that dont like what im talking about!

puntokris......great observation there!! that is very true that we dont just go 0 - 60 and then stop! its more of a boast down the pun sorta figure i was looking for lol. whats been better then a saxo vtr that uv beaten then? cooper? cooper s? theres so many in my area they need a lesson! sorry to those that dont like what im talking about!

Well a friend has a Fiesta ST and between 20 - 60 we were level then he pulled away, another firend has remapped ibiza cupra 1.8 20v Turbo which was level with me between 60 and 90 and then crept away slowly. Tbh he's not a particularly good driver but the car is in excess of 190bhp and should have annihilated me. For the benefit of other members this is not he way to behave on a public road. So before anybody starts... *cough* mike *cough*

I've also had a bmw 320 and almost kept up with a 325 (I'm almost sure t was a 325).

Remapped you are talking faster than fiesta STs, saxo vts's, and a whole range of other cars. You are better speaking to the folks who have had theirs remapped i'm sure they will tell you.

Road racing is shameful. Go on to a Track at a proper Track day and do it properly. (n)

It wont do anyones insurance quotes good for you roadracers to start getting a bad name for the GP's being used in this way, go become a Trackstar like Lewis Hamilton legally, before you kill or maim someone! :mad:

Like I said, it is not the way to behave, I do not condone it.

On a motorway at 2 am on a sunday night with long distance visibility, I'm sure you can all forgive me for breaking the speed limit.....

I've lost five friends to traffic accidents and I don't intend to carry the trend.

I live in the country and the roads are great.... If you know them. only last month four lads in a fiesta smashed into nextdoors garden, and the month before that a friend put his porsche through a hedge half a mile up the road.

I learnt my lesson two years ago and I don't intend to reapeat the same mistake.

yea lets please not start another argument to do with street racing, were not the corsa 1.2 twinport club who all drive like idiots! as puntokris has just said, clear motorway can cut us some slack! back to the original subject, any of you guys with the remaps if ur reading i wud be delighted for you to post up your opinions, iv just found a lovly looking black ST so im guna need some swaying pretty quikly lol. puntokris, if ur keeping up with those sorts of cars, thats amazing for just the standard engine, im very impressed!

Just imagine what it's like remapped then ;)

Plenty of 'in gear' acceleration but off the lights alot of petrols can often get a head start.

STs are nice, heres a pic of my mates ST parked next to my sporting:
08092007148.jpg

A standard ST will beat a standard sporting but a remapped sporting will beat a standard ST and a whole lot more.

Like I said i'm sure the remap lads will give you plenty of info (y)

Last edited:
DOH! My Dads bigger than your Dad :bang: :bang: :bang:

If you have no interest in this thread why do you post?

oneupmanship is what keeps some car owners ticking!

Didn't your 'big dad' tell you to better yourself?

I post because I think honking on about whats fastest is... well pointless. There are lots of quicker cars than our GP's or ST's, and PRECISELY because I am interested, but not in streetracing which any sane minded adult should discourage at every opportunity. :(

Its not one upmanship, its one boymanship. :bang:

And yes my Dad did tell me to better myself, so I did. :D

I post because I think honking on about whats fastest is... well pointless. There are lots of quicker cars than our GP's or ST's, and PRECISELY because I am interested, but not in streetracing which any sane minded adult should discourage at every opportunity. :(

Its not one upmanship, its one boymanship. :bang:

And yes my Dad did tell me to better myself, so I did. :D

Of course there are quicker cars out there than the GPs and STs what a completely useless comment. But Conor is talking about buying an ST or a GP so I am weighing up the pros and cons for him,ie. which is quicker Who says I streetrace? Yet again I have to highlight the narrowmindedness of some people.

Of course there are quicker cars out there than the GPs and STs what a completely useless comment. But Conor is talking about buying an ST or a GP so I am weighing up the pros and cons for him,ie. which is quicker Who says I streetrace? Yet again I have to highlight the narrowmindedness of some people.

I'm getting bored. There are people on the thread that streetrace I didnt say you did. Let Connor do his own Test drives and make his own choice, thats what makes life so varied and interesting.

Do you have a fetish for narrowmindedness? I cant see whats narrow minded in my replies.

I'm gone no more inane notes from me, sorry to bore you anyone. :eek:

"So before anybody starts... *cough* mike *cough*"

Remapped you are talking faster than fiesta STs, saxo vts's, and a whole range of other cars. You are better speaking to the folks who have had theirs remapped i'm sure they will tell you.[/quote]

Hey Kris, be gentle mate. As you guys must know I have a GP 130 that until last week was fitted with a Dragon Performance tuning box (157-170bhp depending on who you believe). It transformed the car. You will never get even a turbo-diesel to be quick from a standstill, but once it's rolling in 2/3rd gear the TDi will always leave the petrol engine for dead.

I've said before this week that the low speed drivability of the car was changed. Much smoother with a tremendous increase in torque & acceleration. Plus some 46-48mpg despite flooring it most of the time. All for £264...

I don't take any notice of the young idiots here who come out with tales of woe about re-maps. The companies that have been creating these ECU computer re-maps have been in business for years - & wish to continue for many more years. They quite simply would not sell an over-powered Re-Map!!! It ain't in their interest to damage your engine!!!

So Kris, there is the view of somebody who went for a "Tuning Box" - for what it is worth(y)

"So before anybody starts... *cough* mike *cough*"

Remapped you are talking faster than fiesta STs, saxo vts's, and a whole range of other cars. You are better speaking to the folks who have had theirs remapped i'm sure they will tell you.

Hey Kris, be gentle mate. As you guys must know I have a GP 130 that until last week was fitted with a Dragon Performance tuning box (157-170bhp depending on who you believe). It transformed the car. You will never get even a turbo-diesel to be quick from a standstill, but once it's rolling in 2/3rd gear the TDi will always leave the petrol engine for dead.

I've said before this week that the low speed drivability of the car was changed. Much smoother with a tremendous increase in torque & acceleration. Plus some 46-48mpg despite flooring it most of the time. All for £264...

I don't take any notice of the young idiots here who come out with tales of woe about re-maps. The companies that have been creating these ECU computer re-maps have been in business for years - & wish to continue for many more years. They quite simply would not sell an over-powered Re-Map!!! It ain't in their interest to damage your engine!!!

So Kris, there is the view of somebody who went for a "Tuning Box" - for what it is worth(y)[/QUOTE]

Right,

This is going to be my last post on the remap vs tuning box subject (I lie)

Mike, I do not doubt for a second that your gps is 170bhp, in fact it probably is. What I have been trying to put across to you for the last two days is that tuning boxes cause long term engine wear 100 times of what thrashing a standard engine can do.

BUT

A live remap of your ecu from a reputable company (different than a tuning box) is fine. For a start my car is being remapped by red dot in a few weeks time and I do not doubt their abilities. A remap doesn't just change your fueling but other options that increase driveability etc, and in the long term is alot better for your car. It will most probably be in the same region as the power increase of your tuning box.

Mike there are some companies out there who could not care less about your engine. Try telling your insurance company that your uninsured remap has knackered your engine. Or try to prove the company did it wrong in the first place. which is why I spent weeks looking for the right company.

And mike I have seen bad things happen with tuning boxes I'm not making it up.

So anyway, Mike is happy with his tuning box, and I'm happy with my remap.

Thankyou all for reading, I do hope our banter has been most entertaining. :)

I'm getting bored. There are people on the thread that streetrace I didnt say you did. Let Connor do his own Test drives and make his own choice, thats what makes life so varied and interesting.

Do you have a fetish for narrowmindedness? I cant see whats narrow minded in my replies.

I'm gone no more inane notes from me, sorry to bore you anyone. :eek:

I'm now also bored as Ffoxy has just stated.

I was moaning because I don't like the 'boy racery' image every young man gets from the older generation.

I tire of this arguing, right Ffoxy be nice ;)

And I will too ;)

Back