Remap Companies

Currently reading:
Remap Companies

LanciaMad

Established member
Who can remap the 59f found in the mk2 punto, mk2 sei etc.

I know these can:

red dot
chipped uk
angel tuning

Red dot would be my preferred choice as they perform live maps unlike the other two. However they are at the other end of the country from me.(n)

Anyone know of others further north?

any remapper can do that ecu because it is a simple obdII flash to write the new map.

This is not quite true. Quite a few companies offering re-maps can't do it. And it isn't a matter of just downloading it. I spent with Red Dot about 2 days to get the part of the map below 3500rpm. This is why we can offer the maps claiming that they are really worked out properly and amongst the best.

BTW a real live map is only posible on certain ECUs other than after market ones. The 59f is not one of them.

This is not quite true. Quite a few companies offering re-maps can't do it. And it isn't a matter of just downloading it. I spent with Red Dot about 2 days to get the part of the map below 3500rpm. This is why we can offer the maps claiming that they are really worked out properly and amongst the best.

BTW a real live map is only posible on certain ECUs other than after market ones. The 59f is not one of them.

Can you use a map you built on a 1.4 16v ecu and put it on a 1.2 8v ecu to run a 1.4 16v engine?

Can you use a map you built on a 1.4 16v ecu and put it on a 1.2 8v ecu to run a 1.4 16v engine?

that wont work due to sensor and component differences, you cant use the 1.2 ecu, you would have to use the 1.4 ecu and modifiy the 1.2 wiring loom to suit the engine and ecu.

that wont work due to sensor and component differences, you cant use the 1.2 ecu, you would have to use the 1.4 ecu and modifiy the 1.2 wiring loom to suit the engine and ecu.

Sorry but we have done it on a Seicento MPI fitting a 1.2 16v engine using the standard MPI ECU.

I am working closely together with Red Dot for many years and know that Red Dot is not the only company that supplies to the UK maps.

Sorry but we have done it on a Seicento MPI fitting a 1.2 16v engine using the standard MPI ECU.
thats very different to using the same ecu on the 1.4 16v. you need to compare wiring diagrams to look for differences. for example the 1.4 uses drive by wire on the TB, the 1.2 does not, so how do you overcome that without fitting the 1.4 ecu? you cant make the 1.2 ecu operate the TB actuator or use the pedal sensor's signal.

i know reddot are not the only prewritten map supplier, but i'm yet to come across a remapper who does not use their maps, they may use others as well, but they always seem to have the reddot maps available. i like to think its because reddot cover so many models and provide good maps, but i think piracy has a lot more to do with it.

Last edited:
Back