Relatively cheap power

Currently reading:
Relatively cheap power

A

Anonymous

Anyone got any suggestions on how to get relatively cheap power gains on a naturaly aspirated petrol engine.Already got a carbon fibre induction with direct cold air feed.Would a sports exhaust actualy give a noticeable gain?

Basically,,,, NO unless you go for a full system and maybe a decat.

What engine are you tryin to squeeze ?

A good full service is always good. Plugs and leads too.

twin / triple electrode spark plugs help, my bravo 1.2 has (non fiat recognised) plugs fitted. ngk twins. Much better. Unfortunatly, as I cannot get my bonnet open due to a smashed front end, i cant tell you atm what plug number they are. sorry.

Personally (tried n tested) Ram air is far better then a cone with cold feed by far ! however most people like cones for the noise. I did a k&n panel and a direct cold feed from under the bumper. (previously had a cone filter and now have (had) better power gains by far !!!

hope thats a start 4 ya !!

babj

Thats what i meant,sorry.I have a ram air system that takes its air in from below the engine floor pan.The engine is a 1.8 bravo

more power ? is that not enough ! lol

do you really want the sound of a cone ?

if not fussed, you want to encapsulate the entire cone with a pipe ( tumble drier outlet hose is ok) but allow room for the filter to breath.
theory, ram air has direct to intake, cold feed only blows air onto the filter--no good really.

babj

Thats what ive got.Pipe from intake to inline ram air filter,on other side connected to the ram air inline filter is a flexible alloy pipe to below car.Completely sealed line from start to finish.My first attemp at this failed because something blocked inlet below car,and the intake pressure collapsed the flexible pipe!Now got thicker pipe,all good.I thought this was the best method,is it?

buy a car with more power, thats probably the easiest and cheapest option

Il start a diet today then.lol. My sub weights a ton so that can go!

lol @ Matt.... thats wot I was gonna say!!

I rememebr back in the day when Smee use to ask this same question on a daily bacis and that wot the 1st suggestion was.

The next was to remove the bodykit, subs, tv and the other cr@p he had in the brava.

He finally sorted it by selling the brava and getting a seat cupra!!!

style5,TommyK.png

plate-2.jpg