General Refurb alloys or new?

Currently reading:
General Refurb alloys or new?

Infiniium

Infiniium
So far very happy with new Stilo abarth, but the original alloys on it have seen better days. I quite like them so thinking i may get them refurbished, but i'm not sure how good the service is and whether they can finish them the same way they are now, in a dark gun metal look?
Or just fork out for some new ones, there are some good deals about at the moment and why pay 45quid per wheel refurb when you can pay 50-60 for new ones, any thoughts?

Depends on the mount of damage done to them I think ..plus the inconvenience of taking the car off the road to get them refurbished ..that's unless you have spare wheels to be going on with :)

In my Lancia days I had a couple of sets of Oz alloys refurbished, the key is getting a company to offer a guarateed turn around - even so can you be doing without the car for a week or so? Or do you have something the car can run around on for the time being? Usually takes up to a week in my part of the world, but maybe less down south.

Last set I had done were bead-blasted then powder coated and polished which took 4 days, I had already taken the tyres off to make life easier but the cost was more like £60/wheel. Finish was perfect though and in exactly the colour I wanted - so no reason why you shouldn't be able to get the Stilo wheels done in the colour you want. Shadow chrome I'm guessing? 16's or 17's?

If you can get new wheels and centres (unless the centres are in good condition) in the colour you want for the price you want to pay then it's a no-brainer. Can always refurbish the others and sell them on.

Back