General Red seat belt icon on dash

Currently reading:
General Red seat belt icon on dash

zygoteer

Im new to the Brava and this forum.

A niggling issue I have is that the red seat belt icon on the dash will not go out under any circumstances

Anyone know where I should look first to find the fault ?

Hello, good evening and welcome to FF

It's the airbag light, it can be triggered by the slightest of things! If you know of a garage nearby with diagnostic/ resetting equipment they can usually sort it out for a few quid, or Fiat dealers obviously have the right equipment :)

Yes, thanks Helz, you are absolutely right - I took a closer look and the icon shows an airbag etc.
(note to self : get a handbook to find out what everything is!)

But what does the light indicate ?
Why would any driver want to see such a warning ?

If it means it is faulty (and is now in an unsafe condition) then why doesn't the system also disable the airbag to simply make it safe ?

If it means the airbag has been discharged, then its either patently obvious ! - or a hangover from a previous event (and I know mine has never been fired off) or it is a false condition - so whats the point of the light ?

If it means its not functioning, again what's the point (except to generate income for Fiat dealers?), as what would ANYone really then do ? - not drive the car because it hasn't then got a functional airbag maybe ? - hands up all those that wouldn't drive the car because of that.
- I don't think so !

This icon appeared on my dash after changing a dud battery - surely it doesn't light up just on a power interruption ?

This all seems to add up to be an "idiot" light - unless someone else knows a better purpose .... maybe I've missed something here ... hmmm.

... perhaps I will just remove the lamp etc. ... oh well.

Back