gps_821.jpg

Grande Punto Red MJET Sporting Progress Thread

Introduction

Hi all, here is some photos of my car and what I have done so far:

I vinyl wrapped the front end and sprayed the grill black to see if I liked it, I do so I am going to get it done properly and get a badge less grill.

Had the rear three windows tinted with 5% light coming through

The roof wrapped gloss black

Plans are after xmas to have the mirrors and wheels black
get some coilovers or lowering springs, mpz coilovers
turbo back s/s twin pipe single exit exhaust
after market panel filter
remap

what do you all think? I know theres a zillion other red gp's so you have all probably seen it before lol, anyway thanks for looking.
I'm in the process of tuning my mjet :) have you looked into the exhaust side of things? Shed any light on the sound or gains that are capable?

well being a diesel you are not really going to get any real noise differences, but there are performance gains. Im going for 2.5 maybe 3 inch pipe, remove one cat and just have the silencer on the rear, hopefully it should be more free flowing. samclean my roof and windows cost me a sum of 200, which i think was a bargain, but id imagine that it would cost around the 100-150 mark usually.

well being a diesel you are not really going to get any real noise differences, but there are performance gains. Im going for 2.5 maybe 3 inch pipe, remove one cat and just have the silencer on the rear, hopefully it should be more free flowing

Yh i had my back box chopped off as was going to see how the standard system sounded without a back box and there was no difference, maybe a little but not really that noticeable
was wondering if a whole system would be worth it, i know you cant fully decat them due to have a cat on the manifold or something like that,

so was thinking

1) keep the standard system and have all the silencers and backbox removed so end up with almost a straight through but with standard pipe size

2) or have it all cut out and a stainless system from cat back.....

Diesels can sound good to all those haters ;)

well being a diesel you are not really going to get any real noise differences, but there are performance gains. Im going for 2.5 maybe 3 inch pipe, remove one cat and just have the silencer on the rear, hopefully it should be more free flowing. samclean my roof and windows cost me a sum of 200, which i think was a bargain, but id imagine that it would cost around the 100-150 mark usually.

excellent, might have to have that done after xmas :D thanks mate!

Yh i had my back box chopped off as was going to see how the standard system sounded without a back box and there was no difference, maybe a little but not really that noticeable
was wondering if a whole system would be worth it, i know you cant fully decat them due to have a cat on the manifold or something like that,

so was thinking

1) keep the standard system and have all the silencers and backbox removed so end up with almost a straight through but with standard pipe size

2) or have it all cut out and a stainless system from cat back.....

Diesels can sound good to all those haters ;)

Mondeo ST TDCI Custom Twin MIJ Performance Exhaust Sound - YouTube

Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCI met maatwerk RVS Sport uitlaat van EPS Uitlaten -www.uitlaten.com- - YouTube

Yeah ive seen that mondeo before, sounds so effin nice! Id love for my gp to sound like that! Well you need some back pressure so removing all silencers etc would most probz end up loosing you power, you would need a back box.

Hey guys I have not updated this in so long lol.

Im in the middle of refurbing my wheels black, rubbing them down takes so long due to the style of forks its annoying!

got new rear speakers, a low line converter to fit my sub to the standard head unit. however I started taking the back seats out and the 2 torque bolts holding them in where so hard to undo its unreal due to me pulling the rust through i think. anyway cut a long story short one of them completley rounded, so angry lol so think i will need to chop the head of and drill it out :(

also had a remap at a car show i went to because my gf said she would pay for it :D, a few weeks ago. now running 170 ish bhp and 340+ nm. it feels like a different car, a lot smoother, the turbo comes in around 1.4k revs and pulls right up to 4k also 48 average mpg around town is a complete winner!

:slayer:will get pics up soon when i finish the wheels

Didnt finish my wheels just bought new ones instead, I bought some bbs rs reps, theyre calibre vintage... http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=ca...w=164&start=0&ndsp=15&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:0,i:73 I bought the 17x8 with 215 tyres. Next month im getting coilovers and then drop it down as low as is practical. Im thinking about having my roof wrapped in leather vinyl, what do you think? tacky or...?

EDIT: also the low line converter is pants. There isnt bass where there should be, its as if the sub cuts out but, its not :S any ideas?

Last edited:
Didnt finish my wheels just bought new ones instead, I bought some bbs rs reps, theyre calibre vintage... http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=ca...w=164&start=0&ndsp=15&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:0,i:73 I bought the 17x8 with 215 tyres. Next month im getting coilovers and then drop it down as low as is practical. Im thinking about having my roof wrapped in leather vinyl, what do you think? tacky or...?

EDIT: also the low line converter is pants. There isnt bass where there should be, its as if the sub cuts out but, its not :S any ideas?

Great plans mate and I like the new wheels

Nice little thread going here, also have 1.9 mjet running about 186 bhp, truely great cars, as for your exhaust dilema on page one, cut out cat, flanged peice of pipe, sounds beautiful, cost you about £40 for it done properly, and due to it being flanged can put back in cat for MOT even though mine passed with out one :)

Back