red light with spray on dash?

Currently reading:
red light with spray on dash?

B

bravodave

What is the red light with spray on the dash?

My Bravo wouldnt start earlier, but when it eventually fired up it displayed this for about ten minutes then went off.

That is the injector light.

svenjtd.jpg

Members Site - - - - - - - My Site

In my experience, when mine done it, it was when it wouldnt start it stayed on for 5 mins then went off, never to do it again.
And ive had no probs apart from the battery.

not so bad then! I can't wait to get a 1.8HLX!

What do you drive Emma?

when i bought my car the geezer who sold it me said not to start the car till the light went off he said it blocked the inhectors. is this true? thanx for any input

The injector light stays on untill it does the check and the fuel pump build the preasure to the engine. You can start the engine with it on, but I recomend whaiting for it to go out.

svenjtd.jpg

Members Site - - - - - - - My Site

I drive a 1.6 Trofeo if that helps any and i never wait for the light to go out.
If you read in the manual it says the light will go out 10 seconds after you start the car.

I bought my hgt a few weeks ago and the light was on, apparently it was my thermostat. i can see its got a new thermostat but the light hasnt been reset or something.

car drives fine, should i get the light looked at?

cheers
PrØ

when i bought my first bravo it was only 6 months old i got it from a dealer and they told me to always wait till it went out then i could start the car i never had any problems with it (untill i wrote it off that is)

The light resets itself. Light on = fault.

There is no need to wait for them to go out before starting.