Red Light Means stop!!

steve1219

The Older Modder
redlight1.jpg

redlight2.jpg

Maybe another repeat

Steve

Looks to me like an old woman driving ?

I think everyone should be made to take an extra type of test when they reach a certain age, to see if they are still able do drive safely.

My attention is brought to the second picture, the kid in the car sat at the lights as the guy gets hit, the look on her face! that'll be something that'll mentally scar her.

I bet the merc driver kept on going, she doesn't seem to bat an eyelid when she hit him

A lot of people drive like that, the consequences usually aren't as serious though. How many cars do you see that change lanes without checking mirrors, pull out of junctions without checking the road is clear, take blind bends at high speed etc. Most of them are just lucky not to hurt themselves or someone else :(

If that's real, the lady on the crossing (the big one) has stopped to let the car pass, but why isn't she looking at the man she must know is about to be run over?

It amazes me that every single day some toss pot will pull out on me without looking, and be completely oblivious as to why im shouting at the prat when we pull up to the lights next to them.

Been trying to work out if real? The person hit in the second picture looks a little odd after being hit, I can't work out how the wiper would be like that and the bag/case looks different. Also issue of which way the woman is looking but I guess that could be because it's a moment in time, not the way she was looking the whole time, she might be rotating her head or something. Bloke also looked like he was looking the other way at time of impact. From limited information we can't work out the speed of the car (no time stamp for both pics?) but I am pretty sure at 30mph a car is audible to most people - maybe he was hard of hearing, if so, he should have been checking the other way a lot more) and it would cause you to look the other way?

If it is real, I don't think you can say whether or not the woman is 30 or 80. Shocking though and shows how a moments lapse of concentration can do so much damage.

I know I stopped it happening to somebody once. Came off a roundabout to a stupidly position pedestrian crossing 15 metres after, car on the inside of me, i noticed before I came off roundabout somebody was waiting and might change the lights (thinking ahead and all that).

I slowed for it as I came off the roundabout, he didn't, 25mph or so 10metres from the cross and person had already started moving, hit horn hard as quickly as I could and held it down. The driver on the inside locked up (either my horn or the big person infront) and he was cms from him/her (can't remember now). Always look and think ahead is the lesson people should have taken away from that, be it the person crossing, the driver or me (I left it a bit too late to do what little I could because I was 50% sure 10metres before then that they weren't going to realise).

Back