General red key

Currently reading:
General red key

j10efs

Hi guys,here` s another newbie with a key question (yawn) haha
i`ve only got a red key,will i do any damage by using this one all the time,or shud i go get a blue one cut for day 2 day use ? cheers (y)
oh,and while im here....havin a problem with it starting if i turn it off and try to start it again straight away,basicaly it wont!and if it does it runs abit ruff for a minute or so then idles at anything up to 2500rpm! rest of the time its fine.
was thinking idle control valve thingy,can anyone confirm/comment on this? was gona strip it and clean it anyway.thanks

Last edited:
Yep you need to get a blue key cut.

You should't drive using the red key, it can be used if needed. But the red key will make the ECU reset periodically. Also I have heard that there is a limit on how many times you can use it...how true this is I don't know.

When you get the new blue key cut..make sure they are infact cutting you a blue key and not a duplicate/clone red key. (y)

does the red key really reset the ecu??? as i need to reset mine but dont want to disconect the batt as not got the radio code

I might be wrong but your cars ecu should constantly learn anyways.

It takes about 20 trips for it to learn from removing battery..but i think its an ongoing thing...so by that theory it should re-learn anyways.

But to reset properly you should leave your battery off overnight...best just to find out what your code is for your stereo (y)

Back