Red key or not Red Key....

Currently reading:
Red key or not Red Key....

R

Ry B

....that is the question. Am i right in believing that to tell a "pukka" red key from just a "red key" is an engraving on the key itself of a triangle with two circles around it ?

Well it's a red key and it came with the car so surly it's for ecu and immobiliser ?

Yeah the red key is for that purpose. The tell tale sign is that its red. just make sure it starts your car as people on Ebay sell phoney ones.

J

Any cut red key will start your car but what i want to know is how do i know that it's "the one" before it's to late?

Any cut red key with a TRANSPONDER will start your car, because its this which turns the immobilser off otherwise the code lights stays on and it wont start.

Have a little faith in whoever you bought the car off (dodgey in many cases i know!).

Or consult the handbook and go through all the balls about turning the key to the MAR position and using the master key to program in new blue keys to the ECU... cant remember what page its on but im sure you'll find it.

Ben.

K cheers. Iv had the car for 2 years with no probs or need to know but key code light sometimes comes on and im having a new cat 1 alarm on in a few days and i don't want the ecu to reset itself as the job will take approx 4 hours to do and not have a programmed key to restart.....If i don't have the correct key.

Ryan

its either the right red key or not, if it doesnt start thhe car its the wrong one-end of!