General Red key but no blue keys.

Currently reading:
General Red key but no blue keys.

bandido41

Bandido A Maneira!!
Hey all im looking at getting a diesel bravo but the car has only the red keys but no blue keys if i get to random keys from any other bravos and just get blanks cut could i programme any other codes to the ecu?

there should only be 1 red key. check that it is an original fiat key.

to check that the red key is really the red key and not a clone of a blue key, you should switch the ignition on and check that the key code light goes out, then switch ignition off and back on within 5 secs. the key code light should now remain illuminated, if it does not then you havent used the red key.

assuming it is the red key, you are correct you can use it to program any blue key into the immob. you can use keys from any code system 1 fiat, mk1punto, bravo, brava, marea, cinq (i'm sure there are more).

the programming procedure is very quick and easy, i'll let you search for it :)

hi jug, am a new member i raed many about your thread and i hope that u can help me. i have a punto mk1 1.2 8v 1999 with one blue key and i have also a red key and code card closed in envelop, so i need to clone a blue key to use it, do i need red key in cloning? or just clone the blue one that i have? i need also to know in what cases the red key is used?? thanks in advance..

You just need the blue key to clone the new key, the red key is used to programme any new keys you may get from fiat.
thanks a lot bandido41, so the red key is used if i dont have no blue one? can u till what is the immobiliser???

Yes when you buy 2 brand new keys they come with their own codes and you will need the red key to programme them to the ecu. The immobiliser if i am not mistaken is the chip inside the key which is why you can not just cut a key and start the car you have to have it programmed first. (unless its a cloned key.)

Yes when you buy 2 brand new keys they come with their own codes and you will need the red key to programme them to the ecu. The immobiliser if i am not mistaken is the chip inside the key which is why you can not just cut a key and start the car you have to have it programmed first. (unless its a cloned key.)
thanks again, but can u tell me the step of how i can program a new blue key using red one??

if you get your blue key cloned it will be an exact copy so no programming is needed, as far as the immob is concerned it is the same key (the clone has same code as original)

if you get a blue key that has a new code, you need the red key to teach the immob this new code. the procedure is:

insert red key, turn to on posititon (mar i think its called?)
keycode light will illuminate then go out
remove red key
insert 1st blue key, turn to on positon
remove 1st blue key
insert 2nd blue key, turn to on positon
remove 2nd blue key
insert red key, turn to on posititon (mar i think its called?)
remove red key

you must do this quickly, you only have 3 seconds from the light going out to get the next key in and the ignition switch to on position.

It's the one in my link earlier in the thread - did you read it? It should answer all your questions :)
thanks a lot helz i read yours in the link, it is more than i expect. but can u tell me what is the "immobiliser" ? and what is the function of it?

what is the "immobiliser" ? and what is the function of it?

it is a security device fitted to stop thieves from stealing the car.

basically the immob is an electronic system that uses codes to switch on the fuel pump on. each key has a code, this code will be read when a key is inserted in the ignition switch. if the key's code matches one of the codes stored in the codebox, the ecu will allow the fuel pump to operate. if the key's code is not stored in the codebox the ecu will not switch on the fuel pump, meaning the engine can not start.

Back