Red Key - again

Currently reading:
Red Key - again

S

Steve Roberts

Hi
Im aware of the repetative nature of this subject. Have gone through quit a few threads here.
Have also refered to many other sources. Fiat help line
Main Dealer mechanics, etc. quite varied responses to what appears to be as sinister as the plot in total recall.
The only response with any assertion though, what ever else they might have said, is 1200gbp please.
Before I take my recently aquired Brava back for a refund can any one confirm the following;
Do you need to reprog the imob if the battery is disconnected. I have been told this is the case for earlier models, vis P reg.

Can the imob be imobilsd so the code system is made ineffective. (the owners manual says something about the code system not having any codes in if the imob indicator does not flash at all. Will the car start if no codes are in system. How would you clear them out).
Does anyone admit to being able to reprog the system
and provide master keys to-boot.

Any other advise or considerations.

I like the car and dont want to return it.

Thanks

Key facts or fiction?

Hi Steve
I can't talk with any practical experience of ECU going belly up but here's some links of some alternative sources you might want to check out.

These guys seem to claim to be able to do miracles with immobilisers
http://www.alarmremotes.co.uk

These people also seem to be able to do stuff with 1.4 and 2.0 bravos
http://www.atpelectronics.demon.co.uk

There also and I quote "email for prices

we have just cracked the ecu for fiat bravo brava
14.12v motortronics ecu

reprogram ecu and supply keys just need lock eg ign door

or reprogram ecu the first key inserted in ign and
engine started is master key

we are in the uk westmidlands!"

These are AD electronics on Page 5 of this forum where they have email contact

and you might get an answer from
http://www.jordans-online.co.uk but they are Fiat and Fiat are a bit hard nosed when it comes to messing about with black boxes. "Change the whole system" seems to be their only answer

Good luck and let us know how you get on
Regards
Brian S

AD electronics

Couldn't find the AD electronics email address on page 5. Do you have it by any chance?

Thanks

ad location

it is not actually an ad. one of the message threads on page 5 (about the red key) has a pointer to their email address. I did try but i havnt had a response yet.

problem resolved

Thought I would post an update now the issue has concluded.

Following my initial trawl around, looking for the pros and conns/whys and wherefores, regarding this damnable red key I approached the 2nd hand car dealer I bought the car off and quoted the sales of goods act to him. IE the car was sold defective without the red key.

Although he did waffle abit he agreed to provide a red key. Attempts to track the key down from original owner were negative. He then agreed to book the car into the fiat dealer (which was next door) and have a replacement system put in.

The car is now returned with at least a new lock system and new set of keys. Not sure if they had to fit a new ECU (looks like the original).
All seems to be satisfactory. No expense on my part.