red circle light on dash....

Currently reading:
red circle light on dash....

A

ACID

assumign it is a brake problem a only appearss when i prss it
next to handbrake light

are my pads worn? do i need to change anythgn else on there??? near the brake area apart from pads?

how much are pads about 40 quid?
labour price which si reasonable

prob can do myself
but rather someone else do it to be honest

shoud;l i not drive the car at all??

Pads etc are pretty easy to do but only if you are confident about your ability to bleed the brake system if things should go tits up.

It may just be that you need to top up the brake fluid reservior (dammit, can never spell that word! Hang on the more I look at it the more it looks right. Who knows?)

Bottom line with brakes though is it you aren't confident about doing the job take it to a garage. Brakes are the best life saving equipment your car has :)

Conrad

VERY true abou the brakes

so is about 50 quid for pads right??

and labour should be ??

had changed the slave cylinder about 2 weeks ago so resvor shold be topped up already...

and stupid i may be for askign this

but shoudl i change both front and rear?
if not how do i know what needs doing?

it might be a brake light bulb get someone to push the pedal and check the rear bulbs or vica versa

raveclub.gif

new email peeps [email protected]
www.digital-angels.co.uk bringing you what you want

ferodo pads and shoes came to £45 for me fitted myself job done, get someone to help with the bleeding.

Banner.jpg

The brake light warning indicator on the dash says 'STOP', its hard to miss.

Generally the Mk1 eyeball is the best device to check the state of your brakes. A quick visual inspection is always the best.

Also generally rear brakes on front engined front wheel drive cars do next to naff all (which is why discs are a bit pointless at the back) and you will burn through several sets of front pads before the rear shoes need replacing.

If you are unsure then get a garage to do it, your brakes are the most important part of your car.

Also get them to flush through the brake fluid, it lasts about 2-3 years. Its not and never will be a 'fit and forget' part.

cheers

so ill put it in afo a full service, seems the best bet....

most likley its th front

as the back is thge drum,/brake shoes

but shall i just buy the front pads and replace them????

seems the best option i guess shops 4parts do it

S4P87.jpg

Brake Pad Set (x4)
FRONT - 1.2 - 1.4 - 1.6 - 1.9D

Part Number: S4P87
Manufacturer: Magneti Marelli

Listed Price: £36.67
Our Price: £23.84
You Save: £12.83 (35%)
Please note that All Prices Exclude VAT.

for my 1.6