Red car is orange. But or pass?

Currently reading:
Red car is orange. But or pass?

Mutad0r

I have an "opportunity" to purchase a "red" fiat stilo 2005 1.4 6 speed for about 1500€. It's mechanically pretty good, some minor problems, but what bugs me the most is that there's some paint missing and the red has faded to orange.

My first thought is that it's going to need to be repainted, but I read that it's somehow possible to restore the color. Is it worth buying the car, or should I pass? The car is clearly supposed to be red, because the walls out of sunlight are red and the front bumper is red (because it got replaced and resprayed using the color code under the hood).

How much can the orange paint be improved (if at all) and if I were to buy it and restore the existing paint, then should I start with restoring the existing paint and then paint the parts where metal is showing?

Hi, and welcome, :)

basically the surface of the painted surface degrades = " oxidises":eek:

you can use a product like "T-Cut" = paint restorer, to regain SOME of it's shine..,
TBH - I would take some of this to the car and try and work a small area,( 20cm x 20cm)
this will give a good idea of what's likely to come-back with little expense / effort..,

do let us know how it goes.., (y)
Charlie

Back