Technical red badge on my panda, how?

Currently reading:
Technical red badge on my panda, how?

andy1

Hey all!
I have a Panda 1.3 Multijet bought in 2006.
I want to get the red badge so I can switch from blue to red whenever I feel like :D Anyone did this?

What I don't know is:
1) Will the front one fit? The shape between the two badges is different (circle vs ?)
2) How to get the back badge off without breaking the old one?
3) I seem to hear the steering wheel badge is better left alone

Last edited:
I thought that red was for cars with DPF and blue was for cars without.
Don't go by that - I'm probably way off beam. Someone will advise you.

Hey all!
I have a Panda 1.3 Multijet bought in 2006.
I want to get the red badge so I can switch from blue to red whenever I feel like :D Anyone did this?

What I don't know is:
1) Will the front one fit? The shape between the two badges is different (circle vs ?)
2) How to get the back badge off without breaking the old one?
3) I seem to hear the steering wheel badge is better left alone

I have done this on my 100hp.

1) The shape of the badges is actually the same, they are both circular. I know initially the red one doesn't look like a perfect circle but it is!

2) You want the area around the badge/the badge itself to be warm. This will help loosen the foam sticky pad. I took mine off during summer when the car had been parked outside on a hot day.
Use a thin blunt knife wrapped in a piece of cloth to CAREFULLY prise the badge off

3) Yes I believe the steering wheel badge is bonded to the airbag cover. I would advise leaving this alone or changing the complete airbag

Wrightyy

The red ones tend to have more issues with falling apart when compared with the blue ones. ;)

There's not just the front and rear badges but also the wheel ones too.

Last edited:
I thought that red was for cars with DPF and blue was for cars without.
Don't go by that - I'm probably way off beam. Someone will advise you.

Not entirely sure, but isn't DPF to do with Diesel?

My car is Petrol and has the red badges.

I think it changed from blue around 2010 and has nothing to do with the type of fuel/model, just the age. If a car has a red badge, it`s a newer car, that's all.

IMO ;)

:yeahthat: Fiat changed the badges on all their cars from blue to red around 2007. Nothing to do with anything about any particular car, just a branding thing. (y)

Last edited:
Does that mean I'm trendy? I have the red badges on my 2009 Eco.

Maybe lose the chinos for some Levi's and go the whole hog....

Note: This post is a natural product. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and are not to be considered as flaws or defects.

Fiat changed branding in 2007, most 07 cars are on blue badges 57 plate cars tend to be a mixture as when the car was made and when it was registered can be very different. Then from 08 they are pretty much all on red badges.

Front and rear badges are easy to change over as are wheel emblems, however airbag badges are riveted in place to prevent them becoming projectiles when the air bag deploys, some people dig them out and glue a different badge in place, but it's far more safe and sensible to swap the steering wheel airbag for one with a red badge

Back