Red and Blue key troubles

Currently reading:
Red and Blue key troubles

P

Pieter Vaessen

I bought a nice metallic green Fiat Bravo 80SX a month ago. The car came fresh from a rental company so the spare keys and the red key where not at the cardealer yet.

Because it took quite some time before they came from the rental company and the messages about getting them did not look very good at first I looked into the key issue on this site too.

One phone call to one of the bigger Fiat dealers in the area (Hilversum, The Netherland) was enough to refer me to a key company who in 10 min. could clone the existing blue key I had.

Finally received still the red key through the dealer, but for you out there who don't have one always good to know you can have them cloned if you can find the right company.
The Fiat dealer by they way told me having not a red key does not have to be a problem onless you get into a heavy accident or something where they have to repalce a lot of electronics, etc.

Pieter

Keys

I have recently bought a Bravo HGT that was supplied only with one blue key, no red. I did not know of the expense that could be incurred due to not having the red key. When exactly though would I actually need the red key? Help appreciated.