Technical Recon gearbox - recommendations

Currently reading:
Technical Recon gearbox - recommendations

Wurzel

My 2009 GP gearbox is almost dead - grinding and whining. I stupidly thought it was the clutch so changed that and as soon as I emptied the gearbox oil out and saw the glitter in the oil I realised that I was changing the wrong thing. Anyhow I know the GP is getting a bit long in the tooth now but I love how easy it is do work on it and I've had the thing since almost new, so a 2nd hand gearbox is probably out of the question but are recons any good? Is it worth getting mine repaired tho I suspect it's toast as I was driving about with it for a while, Can anyone recommend a company in the west midlands or one that will ship a recon gearbox. Ta

Went to Tamworth Punto - initially to get it fixed but unfortunately Gearbox was toast. Bearings had collapsed and the selectors were basically behaving as bearings - you could see the blueing and the wear. Spencer (I think that's his name) couldn't believe it actually worked and did everything he could to get me back on the road. He said he doesn't do recons - preferring to repair customers gearboxes. Anyhow he did his best to get me back on the road ASAP and communicated really well and was a really decent price so have to recommend them

Back