Recommendation for a battery?

Currently reading:
Recommendation for a battery?

Re: re

@tom... so for what i would use it for i should just uprate the battery?

Even if i do run the system with the engine off its normally only quite anyway! So what battery do you personnally recommend? Will i get away with a silver top? or is an optima battery needed? if it is an optima needed do you have any recommendations as to where i should get it?

Paul R

Optimas have lots of Ah which is good for playing with the engine off, also a deep cycle battery will survive repeated dischargings unlike a normal car battery that will just die if you keep running it down.

http://www.auto-electricals.co.uk/acatalog/deep_cycle.html

Its basically an optima yellow top in a different colour pack, I know a few guys who run these.

Paul

split charge systems can be made up very very cheaply by buying individual components from some where like maplins, give me a bell sometime and i'll take you though what you'll need

A few questions...(they may not all be related to batteries)

My headlights seriously dim with my 1000/1 and 2 x Infinity Perfect VQ's (to dangerously low levels), i need to improve this somehow...

I have a spare 1F power cap, which is useless with my amp, i was thinking i could use this inline with my headlights to componsate for the dimming? (It may be overkill, but hey, its free), would this work?

I have done 2 of the big 3, but with only minor improvements, even upped from 8awg to 4awg...i am going to add another earth point on the headlights incase they are poor.

Also, can you mount a silver top upside down?

Daz

Help me rule the world by clicking the following link...:)

Which 2 of the big 3 have you done?

A silvertop is a sloshy battery and will leak if you turn it over :)

You're running 4 guage from the batt to the amp?

whats the big 3 ?
(i may have asked this before and not read the answer. sorry if so)

I want to die peacefully in my sleep, just like my gran did, and not screaming like her passengers were!

I think you did on both counts ;)

The big 3:
Battery to chassis earth
Battery to engine earth
Alt to battery feed

On the bravo the last one is the weak link.

re

you can mount the yellow tops anyway you like

they are sealed batteries,

i ha dmine just on its sid eon back seat for a while powering just my plasystation! lol

got it that time, and this time i'm bookmarking the page!

Paul R, which of the above has already been done on your old/my new bravo? And what sort of battery is that behemoth thing thats in there just now??? its a bit late to look, but i dont think it had a sticker on it when i looked...

I want to die peacefully in my sleep, just like my gran did, and not screaming like her passengers were!

To be honest mate i dont know! all that kind of stuff was done by the bloke before!

I know you have an uprated alternator on there but the cable hasnt been uprated and thats probably something you wanna do! i was going to do it untill i found out where the alternator is... and decided that it was too much work!!!

isnt big point 1 & 2 already done by fiat?

Also the battery, urm... the bloke before put that in! worked great for me on the big system i was running...and you are right there is no sticker on the battery! it was a really wanky sticker so i blasted it off! sorry....looks better now though!

Paul R