Recommend garage for Bravo 2nd service Lancashire or West Yorks & which service?

Currently reading:
Recommend garage for Bravo 2nd service Lancashire or West Yorks & which service?

Hi All,

Can anyone recommend a garage for me in for a Bravo second service in Lancashire or West Yorkshire?

I have got prices so far from Blackburn, Burnley, Knaresborough and Cleckheaton.

Prices vary wildly (even for same service i.e. big or small) and so does the advice about what service they are going to do.

One says if above 20k miles do the big service, others say only do the big service at 42k, some say 4 yrs for the big service (at 42k) others say 2 yrs or 20k. All this differing advice is all from FIAT main dealers telling the wife what they are saying is what's on the computer system and is black and white. Looking for a garage that knows what the service intervals are!? Will consult handbook later and/or phone FIAT for clarification.

Thanks.

Re: Recommend garage for Bravo 2nd service Lancashire or West Yorks & which service?

Booked it in at Burnley, fairly new FIAT dealer so they're doing discounted servicing at the moment to build up their customer base. Price is £169 inc. courtesy car. Mines a 1.6 diesel eco Bravo done 32k miles in 2 years; confirmed this price includes engine oil and filter, air filter, fuel filter, pollen filter, brake fluid. Not bad?

Re: Recommend garage for Bravo 2nd service Lancashire or West Yorks & which service?

Booked it in at Burnley, fairly new FIAT dealer so they're doing discounted servicing at the moment to build up their customer base. Price is £169 inc. courtesy car. Mines a 1.6 diesel eco Bravo done 32k miles in 2 years; confirmed this price includes engine oil and filter, air filter, fuel filter, pollen filter, brake fluid. Not bad?

I can recommend this garage.

The service sheet was nissan for some reason (it's mainly a nissan garage but does fiat approved service) but the checklist matched that in the handbook more or less (one or two differences). That's not to say they actually didn't do everything it just isn't ticked because it's not on the nissan sheet - as I say literally one or two differences and nothing to worry about (the one I can think of off the top of my head that isn't on the nissan sheet is grease locks - had these done recently anyway when I had a clip in drivers handle/lock mechanism replaced under warranty).

The invoice was for a "gold" service; I thought these bronze, silver, gold were for vehicles over 3-years old. Anyway, doesn't matter too much, I got the full gold service (level 3 on the nissan sheet with "fiat gold" written in the special notes on the service sheet) including full filter kit (inc fuel filter) oil change (oil is Mobil 1 ESP 5W30 (ACEA C2 and C3) - actually arguably a ACEA grade better than Selenia WR PE (C2)*) and brake fluid change for £169 inclusive vat and courtesy car. Saved about £150 over the other 3 fiat approved service places I called (all >£300).

* "ACEA C2 and C3 oils have the same chemical limits but C3 has a higher HT/HS (high temperature/high shear viscosity) minimum which provides better engine lubrication (thicker oil film) than C2 oils which are designed more for fuel economy."

Last edited:
Back