Technical Recall notice - 2013 Panda Pop

Currently reading:
Technical Recall notice - 2013 Panda Pop

Received a recall notice from Fiat (or FCA to be exact). Body Computer must be upgraded with new improved software to avoid possibility of occasional switching off of the headlamps without warning - Fiat Ref 5958.

Says it affects a number of RHD Panda vehicles.

Posted in case others may not receive the letter, although as long as DVLA keeper is you, you should get one if you need one.

Probably a sign of age, but if I switch the headlamps on, I'd rather be the one to judge when they need turning off. :rolleyes:

Had my Panda done during a service last November...

Now I can't turn the dipped head lights off when the car is running.
I'm told it now needs a new stalk unit to match the new firmware.
Don't fancy paying an arm and a leg for that to be honest....:mad:

Phil

Ah - hadn't realised it was an old issue - last owner must have ignored the notice (would be about right from other signs).

Probably will still get it done, don't like the sound of sudden darkness. Have Lucas started getting involved with Fiat? :D

Hi Phil

I have the issue with the dipped beam never going off. My Panda 2013 4x4 went in for a recall replacement "Body Control Module" in 2016. But no record of any other work.

Did you find a solution?

Keith

Hi Keith

No, my local Fiat dealer who did the upgrade said they would contact Fiat and get back to me.
That was last November and I've heard nothing so still got the stuck on dipped beams..
Annoying as I don't fancy paying up for something like that..
Got the impression that the dealer hadn't a clue how to fix it.

They will probably contact me soon as another service will be due but I'm going
to do all the services myself from now on.

Hi Keith

No, my local Fiat dealer who did the upgrade said they would contact Fiat and get back to me.
That was last November and I've heard nothing so still got the stuck on dipped beams..
Annoying as I don't fancy paying up for something like that..
Got the impression that the dealer hadn't a clue how to fix it.

They will probably contact me soon as another service will be due but I'm going
to do all the services myself from now on.

If the change requires a new stalk its for FIAT to pay for this as part of the recall. I would expect this and require it. I would also be very surprised if it were not the case that they would do it as part of the fix.

Back