Technical Rear Wiper Stopped Working

Currently reading:
Technical Rear Wiper Stopped Working

aleson

Hi All,

First of all my apologies if this has been already discussed, I couldn't find it.

I have an 06 GP 1.9 Sporting. My rear wiper stopped working, seems completely dead.

I have checked F42 behind the USB port and it is fine, also the water pump is working, I couldn't find any other fuse relevant to the rear wiper.

I took the plastic cover in the tail off and I checked the connections, all fine. I checked the voltage in the connector and I am getting roughly 5V, the wiper motor is 12V so I am not sure what it could be, maybe the wiring (which will be a pain to fix...)

Can anyone help please?

Thanks in advance :(

Alex

Edit: Doh! I just fond another thread where they say it could be the wires in the rubber connector... please close if not relevant, sorry..

Last edited:
Hi Andy - nope unfortunately, I tried to check the wires and the rubber connector at the corner of the tailgate but I can't see any issues with it.

TBH I am a little bit stuck, might need to take it to garage but not happy with it as everything seems to be falling apart and I had just serviced and moted it. :(

No, I didn't. I just took the rubber thing off and checked it and the cables below for signs of damage and there wasn't anything evident.

I'll try to peel the tape off and will post the results.

Thanks again!

OK, I removed the tape and 3 wires were damaged and the water tube was cut, I can't believe a 56 car with less than 40k can have this kind of damage from opening/closing the tailgate.

I had to cut the rubber connector and I managed to fix the wires re-isolating the wires and soldering the other one, but the water tube is different story. It's a temporary fix for sure and might have to have it fixed... Thanks for your help, at least I know what it is and the worst is temporary fixed.

Try a good motor shop you should be able to get a hose splice free the hose from the loom wrapping take a off cut to car shop (or aquarium /pet shop)

Get pipe same inner bore and a splice
30897.jpg

Remove boot trim where seatbelt runs through and replace length of hose from there to high level brake light...

See high level brake light guide and rear speakers instal guide for help with remivubg bits

Back