Technical Rear wiper spray

Currently reading:
Technical Rear wiper spray

jms700

hey, got a problem with rear screan washer

punto mk 2 facelft 1.2 8v.

when i try to spay my rear screan it just scooshes the front one and when i try to spray the front screen it scooshes the front one as well. im guessing theres some sort of valve problem but i cant locate it.

any ideas ?
thanks

probably algae in the jets. If the screenwash can't find its way out there, the pressure forces it out the front ones. Theres also a oneway valve going to the back washer, but i'd check the jets first. Remove the pipe from the back of the jet and see if using the rear wash then works... if it does, stick a needle through the jets and blow through them. Then reattach the pipe.

I had this issue on my MK1
There are 2 grey Non Return Valves

The front is under the bonnet connected to the pipe
The rear is on the right hand side of the engine bay, a little way down behind the washer filler bottle

The are little grey pieces that are circular with a Y valve shape

Not much to replace, only a few £

Thanks
Kris

thanks, will take a look at the two options now and see how it goes then try and get the parts.

had a wee look, i dont think its either of these things. i found a tube leading from the pasenger side of the engine bay, around the fuser box and down to where the other tube from front washers go, so i had a wee look and it turned out the end of it was snapped off and it went know where. i guess i need to find away to re attack it to something. by taking off the wheel arch cover ?
thanks

I had this issue on my MK1
There are 2 grey Non Return Valves

The front is under the bonnet connected to the pipe
The rear is on the right hand side of the engine bay, a little way down behind the washer filler bottle

The are little grey pieces that are circular with a Y valve shape

Not much to replace, only a few £

Thanks
Kris

just under a fiver from fiat dealship.

the one in mine holed itself so instead of washing the back windows it was washing the engine bay.

Back