Rear Wiper problem

Currently reading:
Rear Wiper problem

M

Matthew230

Hi,

I have just bought the girlfriend a Fiat Bravo 1.2 SX T-reg. The back wiper is not working, and I think it may be the motor, but I don't want to buy one to find out that the contacts were dirty etc.

There are 3 electrical inputs to on the lead to the motor, does anyone know what each are for, (one live, one ground, one ?)

I have read that there are some other resolutions rather than buying a new motor, for example cleanign the contacts, stripping the mechanism and cleaning it etc. Anybody had much success with this or is the motor to blame 99% of the time ??? Any way to test any of this ???

Cheers,

Matt

99% of the time the motor is fine. The issue is the shaft that the wiper arm sits on corrodes inside it's plastic case. Corrosion expands, case gets tight, arm won't move, motor will burn-out if left on.
To check if the motor is ok - see if it gets warm if the unit is activated for 30 secs - 1 min. If it does you can bet the house the shaft has corroded and the fun is about to begin!

Hi

I have a rear wiper motor for sale (second hand) someone is interested but hasnt made an offer yet so its still open!

Call/text me on 07730575753 with an offer if you want? i will be ofline soon!

Paul R