General rear wiper not working

Currently reading:
General rear wiper not working

DanR114GTa

ive replaced the wiper motor and it still doesnt work makes a clicking noise when you twist the switch to turn it on

ive checked the fuses and there all ok

im not very good with electrics so im stuck on whats wrong with it

any other ideas?

thanks in advance

open the boot, you will see 5 metal contact plates on the edge of the boot.

If you unscrew the two screws either side, check that the plastic wiring holder hasnt melted away.

This happened to my original punto and caused the rear wiper to intermittently work, and the rear heated window didnt work at all.

crimped some new terminals on the end of the wire and slotted it back on and both worked fine after that.

Sometimes the actual wiper arm seizes up through lack of use. Happened to mine. Took it all to bits, cleaned and greased it all until it all moved freely and it's been fine ever since. Worth a try?

i got a differnt motor and pluged that in on its own and it still didnt work

they they have relays or something?

the wiper arm on my punto was snapped thanks to a chav

i got a differnt motor and pluged that in on its own and it still didnt work

they they have relays or something?

the wiper arm on my punto was snapped thanks to a chav

you did have the boot shut when you tried the second wiper motor

and in the first instance did you replace the motor gearbox arm and everything sticking out the boot or just simply switch out the motor

as people have said the arms coming up throu the plastic guide containing the screen wash have been know to corrode and seize the shaft within the plastic tube

You say you pluged the new motor in "on it's own" did you fit it with it's mounting screws or just let it hang on it's wires? It may need to be fitted to to the boot lid to get an earth connection.

If your car has the sprung connection plates as mentioned above, don't forget it will only work with the boot shut. (you did say "not very good with electrics").:)

Dave.

ah i get it now thanks alot for the help ill try that tomorrow as its raining now

yes im rubbish with electrics lol its a real headache for me

Mine was seized a couple of years ago. Vice-grips, WD40 and some grease sorted it out after a wee bit of strip-down/re-assembly. Still working fine.

ah i get it now thanks alot for the help ill try that tomorrow as its raining now

yes im rubbish with electrics lol its a real headache for me

Did you ever find a solution?
I think I have the same problem as you DanR1114GTa

Back