General rear window

Currently reading:
General rear window

Marco84

Hello!

My rear PVC window is very poor... Does anyone know, where I can order just a rear window for barchetta?

Marco84

Fiat quote £380ish for the window but DTR London fitt a Mohair hood for £499. PVC for around £400. If the plastic is yellow and dirty go to the local BMW garage and buy there rear plastic window cleaner (Great stuff (y) )

I would advise against replacing the window, Barchetta club and DTR confirm it's one of the hardest things to do, it looks easy but not.

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
If you buy a new soft top you will get the window with it. Buy A mohair one :) . If you look on E-Bay people are selling them on there, I have heard reports there ok, timley to fit.

:D

ok i will think about it... I will try to contact some services in our countrey if someone can made PVC window "homemade"...

ok thnks for advice... I will ask around and decide what to do with it... It must be changed soon, because it looks very ugly.

i heard you can gently polish the plastic screen with brasso and it comes up like new. give it a try, you have nothing to lose. :cool:

bencollins said:
i heard you can gently polish the plastic screen with brasso and it comes up like new. give it a try, you have nothing to lose. :cool:

:idea: I'll give this one a try and post up before and after piccies this weekend to let you know if it does work! My rear screen isn't in too bad a condition but it will be interesting to see if does the trick! :D

Hi, I wouldn't personally use Brasso on a my window, as it contains Amonia, and that will eventually discolour the screen, and also harden the surface, neither a good thing on a folding plastic window. In the aircraft game they use a product called 'Finnesse-it' which is by 3M, and is also widely used in body shops for putting the final finish on fresh new paint.
sorry to waffle on, but I hope this helps. Will try to post some pictures of my cars this weekend.

nebachadenezzar

thanks for that... I never got round to buying the brasso so pleased I didn't now!!! Rear screen isn't so bad anyhooo! :D

Missiedriver,
didn't intend to diss anyones advice, just recomend a safer product, no I'm not a rep! the finnesse-it is around £12 for a litre bottle, not sure if they do any smaller sizes.

Back