Technical Rear window leak ?

Currently reading:
Technical Rear window leak ?

Edgie70

Hi all , my t-jet has a leak from the back window , when the tailgate is lifted water drains from the rubber tailgate adjuster bung but when I close the tailgate it leaks on to the parcel shelf from the window, I could just seal around the inside of the glass but I'd rather sort where it's coming in , I've done a search and can see others have had this leak but can't see where it's been fixed , hope you can help , I've attached some pics , many thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_20221128_175948.jpg
    IMG_20221128_175948.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 232
  • IMG_20221128_175631.jpg
    IMG_20221128_175631.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 74
Hi Edgie

My 3 grandes have all drained from that bung.. as has my 2012 and that is bone.dry

My oldest..and most abused GP would often have a little puddle sat on the plastic 'shelf'..adjacent to the parcel shelf

So water coming in from either taillights..or higher

Over time.. concensus is that the bodyfiller from the factory dries out.. and a smear of new sealant across the joins can help

Hi Edgie

My 3 grandes have all drained from that bung.. as has my 2012 and that is bone.dry

My oldest..and most abused GP would often have a little puddle sat on the plastic 'shelf'..adjacent to the parcel shelf

So water coming in from either taillights..or higher

Over time.. concensus is that the bodyfiller from the factory dries out.. and a smear of new sealant across the joins can help
Thanks for your reply , it leaks on to the actual shelf itself, not on to the side parts

Back