Technical Rear wheels problem, advice please?

Currently reading:
Technical Rear wheels problem, advice please?

I put the standard wheels and trims on PTP today, and while I think they look great, the rear wheels are making a metal on metal scraping/clunking sound when turned. (The fronts have small spacer plates on by the looks of things) I tried:

1-Two standard wheels on had the same effect
2-checking behind the wheel to see if anything is rubbing, it isnt
3-turning the hub by itself, no sound
4-checked for play for wheel bearing issues, but no play
5-the alloy wheel back on was fine

So I am thinking that the wheel bolts are longer to compensate for the alloys (I have pmed Kev to check this) but I am wondering if anyone else has any ideas of what the problem could be?

And if it does turn out to be the case, does anyone know what size the standard bolts are?

v3uB8wR.jpg

bI7IYFQ.jpg

Yes, alloy bolts are quite a bit longer, they'll be catching on the brake shoes & springs. I'll measure some standard bolts for you when I can dig some out. Front should be OK as there's loads of clearance behind.

Yes, alloy bolts are quite a bit longer, they'll be catching on the brake shoes & springs. I'll measure some standard bolts for you when I can dig some out. Front should be OK as there's loads of clearance behind.

Thanks Firstcar-Y10, I was really frustrated earlier, but I feel a lot better now, I love this forum :)

Back