Panda 2012+ Rear water jet not working

Currently reading:
Panda 2012+ Rear water jet not working

Rosel

I have found an old similar post but I wondered where is the rear washer jet actually located? I recall it coming from the top of the rear windscreen, but can only see a small round red circle stud type thing located on the top right centre in the rear windscreen.
I have checked it is clear of dirt but how do I get to check the connection. I can hear the water pump whirling but No water comes out. The front wiper and water works ok- so I assume something has popped out. The car manual does not give any indication to resolve this.
Thanks

I have found an old similar post but I wondered where is the rear washer jet actually located? I recall it coming from the top of the rear windscreen, but can only see a small round red circle stud type thing located on the top right centre in the rear windscreen.
I have checked it is clear of dirt but how do I get to check the connection. I can hear the water pump whirling but No water comes out. The front wiper and water works ok- so I assume something has popped out. The car manual does not give any indication to resolve this.
Thanks

This is a "popular" failure. There's a connection under the bonnet that pops off. If you can here the pump working look for the pool of screen wash on the floor on on the undertray.
My experience was that it would pop off during a cold snap (possibly) due to expansion of forming ice in the tubes??

You might find it has a 1 way valve which may have blocked, either that or a hose has popped off the jet, you'd normally see this with accompanying water appearing from somewhere unexpected

Thanks

You’ve correctly found the nozzle in the third brake light. More likely is the pipe has come off in the ‘scuttle area’ — the bit between the bottom of the windscreen and the bonnet, covered by a plastic tray. This is quite easy to remove and then you can see the tube and connector in ther, on the drivers side. I’ll find a post on here that shows that cover being removed. (It’s one of the posts about water collecting in there).

Last edited:
You’ve correctly found the nozzle in the third brake light. More likely is the pipe has come off in the ‘scuttle area’ — the bit between the bottom of the windscreen and the bonnet, covered by a plastic tray. This is quite easy to remove and then you can see the tube and connector in ther, on the drivers side. I’ll find a post on here that shows that cover being removed. (It’s one of the posts about water collecting in there).

Here's the photos of removing that panel: https://www.fiatforum.com/panda-iii/431064-scuttle-panel-removal-2.html?p=4529477
you are looking for a second plastic tube (like the one I show to the front washer jets), which is tucked into the corner on the drivers side and has a push-fit connector that joins the underbonnet pipe to the one that goes into the car.

Last edited:
Back