Technical Rear Trailing arm bushes.

Currently reading:
Technical Rear Trailing arm bushes.

Tin Tin

Can anyone offer advice on removing and replacing the rear trailing arm bushes?

My engine is out and all trailing arm nuts and bolts are loose, but before I go to the next step and remove the trailing arms themselves I would be interested to know how difficult it is like to be to remove and replace the bushes.

I am assuming they have been in for 50 years + and could do with replacing?

Looking forward to hearing views.

Can anyone offer advice on removing and replacing the rear trailing arm bushes?

My engine is out and all trailing arm nuts and bolts are loose, but before I go to the next step and remove the trailing arms themselves I would be interested to know how difficult it is like to be to remove and replace the bushes.

I am assuming they have been in for 50 years + and could do with replacing?

Looking forward to hearing views.
Not a difficult job in itself, but you have take the complete suspension arm out, and that includes removing the rear hubs and brakes. However, if you are canny, you can remove the the back-plates without disconnecting the brake hoses. Also, you do not need to remove the large rear-hub/bearing nut---just the sliding couplings. Take care, I expect that there will be spacers on both sides of the bushes---makea carefull note of what comes off and where it came from. Also make a note of where the ORIGINAL bush sat in the suspension arm and do you best to put the new bush back into the same place. The 500s(and 126s) have a 'toe-in' setting which is adjusted by the spacers by the bushes, hence the note to make a careful note of them

Back