Styling Rear Speakers

Currently reading:
Styling Rear Speakers

moleboy

I have a Fiat Punto 1.2 from the year 2000 with X reg and am trying to find some speaker to fit in the rear mounts.

Could someone suggest some speakers for me - i just cant find any!

If I remember correctly you need some 13cm speakers, any car audio shop has these, Ebay sell them too (y)

I'm not particularly looking for some speakers to make lots of noise just something 2 feed the music to the back of the car. Would some 10cm speakers be ok? Also do u know of a some high wattage 10cm speakers or any good places to look for them?

JL audio have some nice 6x9's, I have some fitted in my punto and it sounds great! (y)

Can be a bit expensive though, I paid £150 for a pair. got the door speakers and tweeters fitted as well, now it sounds like a cinema in there.

Dazza

I put 6x9's into the parcel shelf (and disconnected the old ones) and it transformed the sound.

Upgraded the door speakers but it just doesn't make as big a difference as changing the rear ones. Odd but true. The tweeters in the front doors are a blessing though.

As long as you have decent speakers in the front your all good.

You can fit big speakers in there!

Do the 6x9s not make your parecel shelf rattle?? They did on my mates, his options were then limited to real loud music (no rattle) or no music and rattle.

I've got a set of 200W Sony Xplod 6x9 on mine with a goodmans head unit, the speakers kick the bass well up, and there isnt a peep out of the shelf even on low volume. The shelf shouldnt rattle at all with the boot closed, there should be 2 rubber stops on the edge of the shelf to hold it in place with the lid closed, your mate might just need a bit of insulating to hold the shelf in place??

Back