General Rear speakers?

Currently reading:
General Rear speakers?

While playin around exploring my new car, I saw a wire dangling about in the boot on the drivers side, with a white plug on the end... I think "Eh up, what are you doing?" So i have a look and notice there's no speaker under the grille thats there, so Im assuming thats what its for...

So I wanna know, Did all Mk2s come with rear speakers, and this ones been taken out by the previous owner, or did some not have them at all?

Either way, anyone got any suggestions/recommendations to replace? (y)

yes the wire is for rear speakers more than likely the previous owner took them out because they was either better than the original or more expensive really easy to fix though just find out the size of the rear speakers for your car in your manual or ask on here from someone that has a mk2. Then you can buy a new set to your standard.

No. Not all MK2's came with rear speakers. Mine has been in the family since new and has never had rear speakers. A lot of them didn't, although they probably would have been an optional extra when the car was first new. :p I would investigate fitting some but it involves removing the CD player / Headunit again, which took me ages to get perfect :(

Okay, thanks for that...

I tried today to get my old 10cm Pioneer speakers working from this plug I found, but no joy, so I'm thinking it might be a boot light... Do puntos have boot lights?

Maybe I should describe the plug, its white, with a red and gray wire on it... 12v current and its comin out of a hole on the drivers side right next to the seatbelt... Thing. lol!

Anyone know anyhting?

Cheers :)

Dont worry about my wiring up speakers from scratch, It wouldnt be my first time :p

Please don't listen to this advice

Audio setup is personal preference. Have you got somehting against ALL kenwood speakers or 6x9's?

I personally think uprated speakers in place of the stock ones are the best way to go, but I wouldn't tell people to not get 6x9's.

I'd say this: Modern 6x9's have a full range of tweeters, mid and woofers that I think try to hard and give only mediocre sound quality. Tweeters and Mids on a crossover in place of standard speakers sounds best to me.

why? ive got 6x9's in mine just need an amp fitting now then im done
He said just install 6x9's without an amp or anything. For one this won't even make much of a difference not amped up.

Audio setup is personal preference. Have you got somehting against ALL kenwood speakers or 6x9's?

I personally think uprated speakers in place of the stock ones are the best way to go, but I wouldn't tell people to not get 6x9's.

I'd say this: Modern 6x9's have a full range of tweeters, mid and woofers that I think try to hard and give only mediocre sound quality. Tweeters and Mids on a crossover in place of standard speakers sounds best to me.
I have nothing against kenwood at all. It's the 6x9 part.
Get some decent components up front.

I havn't got any rear speakers in my punto either, as it's just the basic 1.2 8v. Will Fiat have put the cable in, with the connector, and just not the speakers?
Or would fitting rear speakers involve running new wires the length of the car to the stereo?
Cheers

Please don't listen to this advice

I'm not a fan of 6x9s, so dont worry about that.. Im just looking for a bit better quality atm, will be amping in the future. I've got some Pioneer 10cm speakers I had in my old Micra which fit nicely in the grilles :) They'll be going in when I can be bothered to get the wiring done!

There isnt another cable on the other side.. I've looked for it and cant find it, so thats why I'm guessing its a boot light?

I havn't got any rear speakers in my punto either, as it's just the basic 1.2 8v. Will Fiat have put the cable in, with the connector, and just not the speakers?
Or would fitting rear speakers involve running new wires the length of the car to the stereo?
Cheers

Hi,
I am planing to do the same thing on my 1.2 8v mk2 Punto. I will probably get a Fiat garage to fit the wires e.t.c
Can anyone give an idea of what the cost is ?:confused:

Don't get a Fiat garage to do it. They will charge a fortune and only do a marginally better job than you can manage yourself. You just need to run two lengths of wire from the spare plugs in the headunit, under the carpets or wherever you choose to hide it and then to the speakers. Cost will be for a few metres of wire and the speakers themselves.

My wife has recently bought a Fiat Punto 1.2 8v Y reg that has a standard tape deck that we want to replace with a standard cd player made by blaupunkt. Is there anything we should check before buying one of these that I've seen for sale on the internet? It's just that the adverts that I've seen mention that they are the high model or High Cd - what does this mean? How can I check if that would be compatible?

Also, is it easy to fit or would I need any other adaptors or cables?

Thaks guys!

While playin around exploring my new car, I saw a wire dangling about in the boot on the drivers side, with a white plug on the end... I think "Eh up, what are you doing?" So i have a look and notice there's no speaker under the grille thats there, so Im assuming thats what its for...

So I wanna know, Did all Mk2s come with rear speakers, and this ones been taken out by the previous owner, or did some not have them at all?

Either way, anyone got any suggestions/recommendations to replace? (y)
My 03 mk2 doesn't have the rear speakers either, but I too found that cable (I've got one on both sides). I lopped off the white connector and replaced it with some terminal block, patched in some junky old speakers and wayhey! It worked!

I'm not gonna be winning and ICE competitions with it but it's a cheap and easy upgrade (well it's as cheap as you choose to make it! ;-))

Child

Put in good quality small speakers (wont be megabux) and upgrade the fronts to high quality units. Way better than massive 6 x 9s that make the parcel shelf rattle and deafen rear seat passengers.

Back