Technical rear speakers

Currently reading:
Technical rear speakers

nixe

hi everyone i just got my self another punto:) its y reg 1.2.... i have changed the std radio ,for my sony one but there is no rear speakers in the car ... can anyone tell me are the cables for these tucked out of site inside the boot liner before i pulll it out looking for them ...

also has any one experianced vauge steering with the punto..the tyres are fine and no funny noises from ball goints etc but over 60 mph it feels verry vauge and realy unstable (n) cheers people

I went from standard head unit to sony. if there are no rear speakers in the car then there will be no speaker cables running to the back. They are not difficult to put in, just run then from the back of the head unit, into the back of the glove box, then down into the passenger footwell, then along underneath the door sills, then under ther rear bench seat into the boot. There are already holders for the speakers. You will need 4inch speakers in the rear. Unless you wanty 6x9's.

Never had a problem with the steering at high speeds, it may be due to having the CITY button on, but i have been told that at high speeds there is no difference in steering with the button either on or off.

hi thanks for the reply,,, running cables ain't a problem .... just didn't notice if there was any cables actually on the connector for the std radio ,, and as the fiat plug is ISO compatible i just plugged the Sony head unit in and then went to the back and thats when i realized there were no tails to connect the new speakers to...:mad:

didn't want to have to pull head unit out again if i didn't need to ,,, you would think they would just make one loom for all models, and only fit the parts required for that particular model ,, but that would be too easy :bang:

as for steering its not the city button its scary when you turn that on on the motorway lol but similar to what I'm getting just now only its not as bad with it off

When I got my Mk2 X reg 1.2 there were no speakers in the rear (5 door), but the wires were behind the plastic trim when I removed it, worth a look.

As for the speakers themselves I just got some £20 things from good old halfords (y) Nothing special but I never sit in the back lol.

And the steering is the same on mine, was on my old mk1 55s but a decent set of alloys made it seem more stable. Just bought some for this car so will let you know. Also the citty button has no effect past a certain speed, I think it might either be 18 or 28, a search will tell you.

EDIT: Yeah its 28 mph, after that the current to the motor stops running, once you go back below 28 mph the city button kicks in again.

Last edited:
where are these? and how would i remove them??

Yes, I would also like to know where the cables you found were?

and also, if it makes any difference in the volume by adding rear speakers? I can still hear myself talk over full volume at its loudest at the moment...

It makes little difference to the volume (unless you sit in the back) but it does add a lot to the sound quality.

If you remove the plastic trim that holds the rear speaker you can then lift the carpet forward, the wires are just under there if they are there.

Back