GTO1200B subwoofer + box
JBL-GTO1200B-ORIGINAL-BOX_tw240_th120.jpg

This GTO-75.2 Amplifier is for that sub

JBL-GTO-75.2_tw240_th120.jpg

I also have 2 amps spare, this Sony XM255 think it is 2x55w rms, not sure

1a_2.JPG

And a boss amp not sure what rating, i think 150w. 2 x 75w

39_2.JPG

I have a stealth shelf with 6x9 holes cut in it, which currently house 2x Kenwood KFC 6907 150W 6x9 Speakers.

One of these is broken so im looking for a replacement pair at a low price. Would spend more on some decent components, but i am selling my car in a month so will not have a need for 6x9s in my new car. Hence why im looking for some cheap replacements.

I will be using one of the spare amps to power the speakers.

Loads of different brands, im thinking about going for jbl or infiinity, any suggestions?

Will i notice the different if i go for say 2 way speakers rather than 4 way that i have at the moment?​

jayz165 said:
Loads of different brands, im thinking about going for jbl or infiinity, any suggestions?

Don't bother with 6x9s, especially if you're going to swapping cars in the near furure.

yeah i know they are not the best but those front speakers arent the best. No volume compared to the 6x9s i had, the front ones are running off the head unit.

chaos said:
Don't bother with 6x9s, especially if you're going to swapping cars in the near furure.

I personally don't agree; 6x9s are a good compromise between quality and space in the right envoiroment, but each to his own I say!

I would buy JBLs as they prove to be a good compromise between the cheap crappy JVCs and Sonys and the expensive audiophile Infinitys.

You may be surprised to know that Halfords (Hellfrauds) are selling JBL GTO936s at a good price, because they are due to be replaced soon. When I went in they were advertised as reduced from £70.00 to £50.00 but when I went to the counter I only paid £40! They come with grills and sound fantastic despite the fact that I don't amp them :cool: !

6x9s in a tiny boot with 12" sub in it, pointless.

If you're buying a new (and I assume bigger) car, then make sure you get one that has 6.5" speakers in the front door and spend your cash on getting some decent comps in there.

So for now, as a get you buy, amp the fronts, use the HP x-over to avoid distortion whilst getting more volume. That way you don't have to spend anything.

Easy.

samdavis said:
I personally don't agree; 6x9s are a good compromise between quality and space in the right envoiroment, but each to his own I say!

I would buy JBLs as they prove to be a good compromise between the cheap crappy JVCs and Sonys and the expensive audiophile Infinitys.

You may be surprised to know that Halfords (Hellfrauds) are selling JBL GTO936s at a good price, because they are due to be replaced soon. When I went in they were advertised as reduced from £70.00 to £50.00 but when I went to the counter I only paid £40! They come with grills and sound fantastic despite the fact that I don't amp them :cool: !

6x9s are pointless. Look at some of the top IASCA installs. Not a single rear speaker in sight :).

paulbfd said:
amp the fronts, use the HP x-over to avoid distortion whilst getting more volume. That way you don't have to spend anything.

What is a HP cross-over? :confused:

just had a look both amp have lp on or off no mention of hp. sony has hp input + - clip things, does this mean i connect the speakers to these???

Back