Technical Rear side passenger door wont open

Currently reading:
Technical Rear side passenger door wont open

verve76

Hi

We have a 6 month old Panda. I recently engaged the child lock mechanism but now I can't open the door from the inside or outside! Also the inside door handle mechanism is resting in its locked position but pulling it doesn't have any effect?
I guess this is one for the local panda garage??

I guess this is one for the local panda garage??

Favim.com-14011.jpg

The child lock will stop the door opening from the inside as you know, do you know the passenger door unlocks from the outside by pressing the key fob twice to unlock the passenger door !

The child lock will stop the door opening from the inside as you know, do you know the passenger door unlocks from the outside by pressing the key fob twice to unlock the passenger door !

It's not a central locking model sadly. Not sure what's going on with it, like you say the child lock stops it opening from the inside as expected but also now won't open from the outside.

If there is no central locking a mechanic can wind the window down and open the door by sliding a thin long rule like tool with a notch in it to trip the internal door mechanism. If that is not possible you need to remove the door card (inner door trim) to access the door mechanism by hand to open the door.
This time of year a little dampness around the door seal can freeze which will make the door seem locked and repeated pulling on the door handle can damage the plastic door mechanism guides or door handle.

Agree that sometimes the door can stick due to the door rubber adhering to the door. However had my rear door lock fail (with the child lock on) which resulted in a big job and a bit of damage. Luckily under warranty (TA 4x4) but resulted in some internal and external body work having to be done.
All the best,
Bob

Back