General Rear number plate light plastic cover

Currently reading:
General Rear number plate light plastic cover

Retty

I’ve lost the plastic cover that sits on top of the drive side rear number plate light - 2006 Panda Eleganza. It’s a flat plastic transparent cover about 2 inches x 5 inches that clips into the bulb housing.

I’ve looked everywhere for a replacement - eBay, online parts sites - and I can’t find the replacement part.

I can find spares for almost every other Fiat model except for a 2006 Panda Eleganza.

I thought that maybe the Punto part would be the same but it seems to be very different with the whole bulb housing rather than the top transparent lens cover being replaceable.

Does anybody know where I can order the replacement part or just use a workaround with one that is close enough with the help of Milliput?

Thank you. No, it's not that part. It may be the correct part number but I think they are using a generic photo.

I can't find the part for sale anywhere - even eBay.

The part is a plastic shield with a metal clip and a plastic lip that slots/clips into the housing of the light fitting.

I've checked and it's not unique to the Eleganza but was present on all 2005-2010 Pandas.

I've attached a photo. 97AD5119-8C8E-435E-B80B-98659592E309.jpeg

:cry:

It's very strange though that the spare part doesn't seem to be available for purchase online. The equivalent part for the Punto and all sorts of other models and makes is available.

isn't the part number I gave you for the complete housing and you just need the lens of the top, just chuck the rest away. Its hard to see in the photo !

Might be worth taking the other side off and looking on the under side. Fiat normally stamp all their parts with a part number, I have not seen a part yet without one unless its generic and fit many makes

The part (lens or full unit) doesn't seem to be in stock anywhere - even an Italy based breaker hasn't been able to get it. It's almost comical if you think how many Mark II Pandas there were are still see in Italy. A Spanish company seems to have one (just one) in stock but they don't seem to ship to the UK.

The only thing I seem to be able to buy is the whole of the rear door release strip. For that money, it will be less painful to use a cutout from a hard plastic food wrap and a piece of Milliput:

I've even been desperate enough to contact a dealer who couldn't help but who offered to sell me - a new boot release strip! :D

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
I've checked our Fiat 500 and it's definitely a different part. To be honest though I probably could hack something together with a Fiat 500 cover (which does look fatter) and the glorious Milliput.

Back