General Rear number plate light/bulb

Currently reading:
General Rear number plate light/bulb

Thank you. There’s another electrician in the area I’ve found so gonna get a quote from him too. Mine looks neat inside a black material when you look inside the rubber part, will this need to be completely destroyed it will they tidy all wires back up?

The loom repair kit effectively cuts out and replaces the original section of wiring so, yes, the black heat shrinking is removed. I can't remember if the loom repair cables are similarly bound with heat shrink but all the wires are hidden in the rubber tubing anyway so is tidied when fixed.

The loom repair kit effectively cuts out and replaces the original section of wiring so, yes, the black heat shrinking is removed. I can't remember if the loom repair cables are similarly bound with heat shrink but all the wires are hidden in the rubber tubing anyway so is tidied when fixed.
Thank you. How long did you leave yours before fixing? Also, was yours intermittent or stopped working altogether? Did you have any other symptoms?

Thank you. How long did you leave yours before fixing? Also, was yours intermittent or stopped working altogether? Did you have any other symptoms?

I checked and found faults in the wiring after reading about the issue on this forum. The car didn't actually have any issues but I figured bare wires weren't healthy. I got it fixed within a few weeks of discovering the fault. I did cover the wiring with insulating tape as a temporary fix though.

I checked and found faults in the wiring after reading about the issue on this forum. The car didn't actually have any issues but I figured bare wires weren't healthy. I got it fixed within a few weeks of discovering the fault. I did cover the wiring with insulating tape as a temporary fix though.

I might give the insulating tape a shot until after Christmas. So did you just wrap the bare wires with insulating tape? And do you just cut the material around the wires (like the material under the rubber) nand can we redo that? Hopefully insulating tale is something even I can do

Back