General rear lights sprayed!!!

Currently reading:
General rear lights sprayed!!!

i know there is other forums about this but i wanted to get new views just in case any one has tried somethign different.

i want to change the look of my black punto by changing the rear lights. i obv cant afford this as im still at school so i want to spray them lightly black.

can any one show me pictures of their blacked out lights or lightly sprayed lights, dont have to be black so i can see what some look like and give me some tips on how to spray them and where to get the best spray for less money lol. i sound really cheap lol.

anything is helpful.

cheers

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.

piece of **** mate, just keep sprayin layers on till its as dark as u want it then leave it to dry for abit.

just as a warning, if you do your reflectors you can be stopped off the cops and told to take them out (given a producer) although i've never had a problem with it. And just tint your standard ones, don't put bloody lexus 1s in lol

You will get tint spray in Halfords and other motor places for about £10 - £15, just make sure that theyre completely spotless before spraying. I used glass cleaner to shift the dirt from them, you can also use other products to clean the lights, then i wiped them with a damp cloth, then dried them off, then you apply the tint in lots of thin coats over a whole day, leave at least half an hour between coats, as long as you have patients and take your time you will do a good job, also once there tinted, if they came out like a matt finish and you dont like it and you want a glossy look finish then it might need a clear lacquer on top.

this is probably completely stupid, but you spray the outside of the light cover yes?

I have a question about this too. You can fail an MOT on the rear reflecters not being visible enough right? So what if you spray the back lights and fix reflectors on the rear of the car in other places on the bumper? something like this: Clicky
Would this get it through an mot and be leagal?

this is probably completely stupid, but you spray the outside of the light cover yes

Yeah.. :)

I have a question about this too. You can fail an MOT on the rear reflecters not being visible enough right? So what if you spray the back lights and fix reflectors on the rear of the car in other places on the bumper? something like this: Clicky

While tinting them just dont go mad with it, your right if you tint them to dark it will fail its MOT cause its illegal, but the guy at the MOT said he could see mine so he passed it, or even if you dont wanna take the chance yeah those little reflecters will do on the bumper then take them back off once its over.

With mine, I sprayed the whole of the light casing and took the redness out of the refectors...but they still work. Then for the following coats i masked them off and cos they are at the bottom, it doesn't show up that they are slightly lighter.

And yeah, if you wanted to stay legal-ish but go darker...then the little round refectors stuck on will do.

I have my rear lights slightly tinted but the reflectors aren't tinted at all. They have passed MOT before but the MOT tester did say they were border-line and that they may not pass next time, just depends who I got doing the testing.

mycaronTCpic2.jpg

this will sound so stupid, but what the hell is the reflectors. can some one post a pic and draw on it where it is and what it does. im sorry im not to good with the parts, i just say i want this done and get some one to do it. lol typical ay

but is it best to have a vented area or just a said will do. and is there any way to get a perfect finish such as like dack in the places you wants and lighter where you need them. any one got pics of theirs complete.

Back