Technical Rear Left Seat Belt Problem!!!

Currently reading:
Technical Rear Left Seat Belt Problem!!!

dolman17

The rear left seat belt in my Punto Mk2 will not retract back onto the roller! Does anybody have any ideas of fixing it or if it is a normal fault, and if so where can i get a new seat belt from?
I have looked on shop4parts, ebay and also googled it but cant seem to find them for sale!:bang:

If it is knackered then your best and cheapest bet is a scrap yard.
You can get one off in 10-15 mins and will be way cheaper than off tinternet IMO

mikstar said:
you have to pull it short but fast-pulls do the trick

tried, but still doesnt do the trick though.....Possible for me to take off the cover???

dolman17 said:
The rear left seat belt in my Punto Mk2 will not retract back onto the roller! Does anybody have any ideas of fixing it or if it is a normal fault, and if so where can i get a new seat belt from?
I have looked on shop4parts, ebay and also googled it but cant seem to find them for sale!:bang:
The reel has a big clock spring inside it to rewind the belt sometimes these break & the belt is fcuked! If you get a scrappy belt make sure it's not off a crashed car.

there will be plenty of bust heagasket puntos about, usually about 60% in yards are bust gaskets (mk1's).

New ones aren't too much.

My driver side belt keeps locking on me, usually when i go around roundabouts and hard right hand corners, locking me into the seat and preventing me from steering, which has caused several near misses, can't afford a new one, and tried two from people breaking cars on here and puntosports forum. both did exactly the same thing, common problem? or is it just my animated driving style that does it.

Back