Technical rear fog lights staying on

Currently reading:
Technical rear fog lights staying on

dafsta26

hi looking for some useful info, got a fiat punto grande 1.2 8v havingproblems with the rear fog lights wont turn off unless all lights are off, have tried diconnecting battery and the bcm to no avail need advice asap as due mot in the morning, any help greatly received

Welcome to the forum :)

As I understand it, the button sends a signal to switch on/off the light to the body computer via CANBUS, rather than it being a simple on/off switch/relay. If the body comp is working as it should, the light should switch off with ignition and stay switched off when restarting. Either the body comp is faulty or the button is faulty, would be my guess. I'd start by removing the button set on which the fog light button lives, unplug it and start the car. If the light stays off, it's a dodgy button.

Do the fog lights go off if you turn off the side lights?
Does the fog light warning light on the dash come on?
Are the fog lights comming on full brightness?

It sounds like you have a short circuit between the side lights and fog lights.

Try unplugging one rear cluster and see if the othe fog light goes off, then try same thing other side. If fog light goes off here is a short in the cluster ou removed.

Robert G8RPI.

In your post,you put you have a Grande Punto? If so the video is for Punto,so won't match up with your car. And you should not have two rear fog lights in either Punto. The grande has four side light bulbs in the rear lamps,and one fog under the bumper.Chances are two of the four side light bulbs are too bright. Is the fog warning lamp on?

Back