Technical rear drum removal urgent help needed!!!

Currently reading:
Technical rear drum removal urgent help needed!!!

treva1990

hi tomorrow i am changing my rear brake shoes and im a stuck if i have to remove the 4 wheel studs or the middle bolt 24mm (if im correct).

if anyone has any advice on how to do this it will be greatly appreciated.

have tried mate but i still cant seem to get a definative answer the ones in the guides and the searches i find uses wheel bolts not studs

its not an abarth but it is a micheal shumacker lim edition if that makes any difference. i did try to remove the 4 studs before but i broke 3 19mm spanners trying to undo them do they undo as normal or are they reversed thred

ok will do and the two smaller bolts are missing on both sides im guessing thats not a major problem tho

They not normal studs you would expect, they have a big 19 hex shape in the middle so u can torque them to the rear wheel bearing.

Have you not got a deep socket 19 to undo the studs?

Ming

na but my mate is coming round tomorrow (im picking him up in the diesel tank) and he gonna bring round his tools and breaker bar but i was asking on here as he isnt sure about fiats he is a vw guy

i remember getting these off, a long reach socket will do it for rears as there the short'ns with a impact wrench

if that fails get someone to pretty much stand on the brakes with a ring spanner and shock it loose with a copper or leather headed hammer, these studs will put up a good fight until there all the way out

dont worry about the 2 smaller bolts as the 4 studs will do more then enough to keep the hub in place :p

Ash

Thanks to everyone who has provided me info to help with my problem.

Back