General Rear door lock

Currently reading:
General Rear door lock

Antonyuk

Hi. A Question. The rear door opens from inside Ok but not from the inside. Looking at the Locking mechanism theirs a White screw driver slot.
IMG_0001.JPG

I turned it to Horizontal and now I cannot open the door at all.
Not sure how to take the door panel off to have a look. Not easy as the door is locked shut.
Any help would be appreciated.
Antony.

Hi Lunchbeers and Marcus Thanks for the reply's. OK I now know its a child lock.. But how do I unlock it as I have no access to the lock as I cannot open it from the inside or the outside. So ... Is there a way of removing the inner panel without opening the door ?. This is my specific issue.
Regards Antony.

Hi Lunchbeers and Marcus Thanks for the reply's. OK I now know its a child lock.. But how do I unlock it as I have no access to the lock as I cannot open it from the inside or the outside. So ... Is there a way of removing the inner panel without opening the door ?. This is my specific issue.
Regards Antony.
On a punto, you remove the handles and the panel pulls off on the sides and top and you can get to the screws at the bottom with the door closed. The window winder can be hard to get off. But I have always managed to put a large screwdriver in the circular cover and lever the thing to the point of destruction to get to the previously mangled clip and then use a heat gun to restore the shape of the cover. Make an effort to save the dust protector and repair it when you put it back together. The glue remains soft and can be carefully pulled off.

Back